CEL fix no good on 04's - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on CEL fix no good on 04's within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Kudos for combining these threads....

Raz
    Kudos for combining these threads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just so you all know, the current flow through this series resistor is miniscule, so you don't need a large power rating.

1/4w will do. 1/2w is a bit bigger and may be easier to physically handle than a tiny 1/4w resistor, but isn't necessary eletronically.

hth
    ken

Raz
    I'm gonna try the 'resistor only, no capacitor' fix on the blue wire this afternoon, with a 1/4 watt 1Mohm resistor. I'll keep posted on wether it works or not.

Can you post pics tooo on how u install the the resistors

Thanks

Raz
    Over 150 miles; so far, so good.

Well, I getting an Perrin up and down pipe and the HKS catback and is the answer out yet on the CEL? I don't want it to show up, that would bite.
    Hecho En Mexico

Im at 200 miles with my TXS stealth back (catless) and no cell. *crosses fingers*
    -2006 WRX Wagon-

Anyone got Pics on how / where to put in this resistor (2.2kohm) on the sensor.

I have a Perrin Downpipe, and a Helix flex uppie

All I see is the sensor on the uppie..

CEL Fix Pics Please.....

I was wondering if anyone has pics on how to do the CEL fix with the 1Mohm resistor on the O2 sensor or could describe it in more detail on how to do it. I'm a bit of a newbie and could use all the instruction I could get. I got my CEL after installing a Scoobysport downpipe and an STI uppipe along with a new neutron axle back exhaust and lastly a GP Moto elbow and K&N filter replacing the silencer box completely.
    Thanks much for any help you could give me.

Gary.

Re: CEL Fix Pics Please.....

Originally posted by wrxon
    I was wondering if anyone has pics on how to do the CEL fix with the 1Mohm resistor on the O2 sensor or could describe it in more detail on how to do it. I'm a bit of a newbie and could use all the instruction I could get. I got my CEL after installing a Scoobysport downpipe and an STI uppipe along with a new neutron axle back exhaust and lastly a GP Moto elbow and K&N filter replacing the silencer box completely.
    Thanks much for any help you could give me.

Gary.
    gary,

do you have an 04 or is it an older car?

ken

Raz
    oops, misspost

Hey, this is for clarification. On my '04 model using a catless downpipe. With a 2.2kOhm resistor, get a P0420 Catalyst system efficiency below threshold code. With the MIL fix which includes resistor and capacitor (by Pony Express), get a P0139 Rear oxygen sensor circuit slow response.
    With just a 1mOhm resistor (1/2watt or 1/4 watt as someone else says will work), everything is OK: no codes.

Does that help?

The sensor that u guys are putting this resistor is the one on the uppie am I correct? Cuz I don't see any sensor on the downpipe...

CEL fix no good on '04

Yes Ken it is a '04.

Thanks,

Gary.

gary,

take pilotdoc's advice. since you have an 04, it seems that these are much more likely to throw the "slow r o2s response" code if you use a traditional resistor + cap low pass filter. so what folks have done is just use the 1megohm resistor, in series with the signal line from the rear o2 sensor. this means that you will have to cut the wire at some point along its length.

i have an 03 (so i used the resistor and the cap together) and i preferred to do the cutting/tapping right at the ECU's wiring harness connections, under the passenger's feet. some folks prefer to do it under the car, near the o2 sensor itself. it doesn't matter, electronically. i am very comfortable with a soldering iron and the climate is much nicer in the cabin vs. under the car, so i chose to do it there.

go to ravensblade's site and you can get the pinouts if you chose to do it at the ECU. they will be substantially the same from 02 to 04 models.

any 1megohm resistor will do. negligble power is disspated so even a tiny 1/4 watt rated resistor will suffice. you can get these at radio shack for a buck.

hth
    ken

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast