UTec Tutorial / FAQ
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on UTec Tutorial / FAQ within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know we are all waiting for a UTec manual to appear, but how about a user supported web site ...

UTec Tutorial / FAQ

I know we are all waiting for a UTec manual to appear, but how about a user supported web site for it? I have visited WRXhackers.com and that looks like a good place for it, but the only source I found was the usual reading of hundreds of posts in the forums. Seems like Pace and others would save a lot of time by having some sort of UTec FAQ in place that we could update when new things are learned.

Here is an awesome FAQ that I love the format of: http://www.riocar.org/modules.php?op...FAQ&file=index The information inside is very detailed and you can see when things were updated.

With something like this in place, when we learn new info we can add it. For example, Biaxin was getting only 10psi from his car when he swapped out the TurboXS HPBC to the TurboXS ABC. We couldn't figure it out. He spent a lot of time on the phone and under the hood trying to fix it. At first, it seemed like maybe one of the settings in the UTec was wrong. Then it seemed like maybe he needed to install new vacuum hoses. When Biaxin finally got a hold of Phil (?) at TurboXS, he found out that he was missing a small brass restrictor from his factory vacuum lines. An FAQ entry like this "Why am I only getting 10 psi after switching to the Auxillary Boost Control?" could be listed under "Installation" and "Troubleshooting" in a FAQ.

I of course offer this idea with no knowledge of how to host one, author one or update one. But I think it would be a great idea and would help out everyone. When a newbie like me asks a question, I could then be pointed a FAQ entry instead of someone having to re-type something they've writen a million times. Better yet, that entry could be updated. Searching forums is a great tool, but with something like tuning, you want to be sure you have the latest information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah! I love that idea...
    I love the rain!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.