Stage 2 Dyno
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Dyno within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just went to Stage 2 and had it dyno'd: 2007 WRX with AP Stage 2, SPT Package, and Cobb DP ...

Stage 2 Dyno

Just went to Stage 2 and had it dyno'd:

2007 WRX with AP Stage 2, SPT Package, and Cobb DP w/ hi-flow cat.

Max Power: 221.19 hp (at wheels)
    Max Torque: 278.29 ft-lb (at wheels)

Running conditions: 62.32deg F, 29.15 in-Hg, Humidity: 7%
    Equipment and software: Dynojet Winpep 7

The torque hits a high in the 2700 to 3700rpm range, while the hp hits between 4500 and 5500rpm.

The numbers fit very well with what Cobb has tested and listed for dyno numbers on STage 2, so A+ to them for a job well done.

With the SPT Intake, the Air/Fuel ratio was a little rich, but was not a major impact on performance. In other words, it did not help or hurt. With a little protuning on the Stage 2 93 map, this could be corrected, but the impact was really insignificant.

All in all, Cobb has hit a homerun for 2007 and the wait was worth it.

Stage 2 puts this little WRX into a whole new ballpark.

I also cannot recommend enough the value of going to Stage 1, as well. Despite the limited increase in numbers, I feel it definitely improves the performance of the vehicle over stock.

Stage 2 is awesome, though!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That's got to be a fast car. Nice numbers.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

cool I can't wait
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Those are great numbers, though I'm surprised your A/F was on the rich side with the SPT intake. Do you think that is from the map, the ecu, or the fuel? Also, do you know what your intake temp was compared to the ambient temp? How about post IC temps (if you have a sensor)? Sorry for all the questions but I have a similar setup and am curious.

Nice #'s - Congrats!
    WRX: It's hot between the lags...

"This tossed salad tastes like sh|t!"

nice #'s
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

That is awesome!

I have an 07 as well with pretty much the same things, except for the cobb DP and accessport which I should have within the next couple of weeks.

Now I'm more excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Peckz07reX View Post
    That is awesome!

I have an 07 as well with pretty much the same things, except for the cobb DP and accessport which I should have within the next couple of weeks.

Now I'm more excited!
    You will enjoy it, but be warned... you will be bitten by the mod bug and dreams of 300+whp will over take you
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    You will enjoy it, but be warned... you will be bitten by the mod bug and dreams of 300+whp will over take you
    Haha, I'm scared, but I can't wait to get addicted to power

[QUOTE=Pavia;1883350]Just went to Stage 2 and had it dyno'd:

2007 WRX with AP Stage 2, SPT Package, and Cobb DP w/ hi-flow cat.

Max Power: 221.19 hp (at wheels)
    Max Torque: 278.29 ft-lb (at wheels)

Cobb states power claims for the '07 WRX are:

Stage 2 91 oct Stage 2 using 91 octane fuel. Requires turboback exhaust. 280HP (+22%)/ 335lb-ft (+43%)

The HP numbers you are posting are more in line with their Stage 1:

Stage 1 91 oct Stage 1 for Stock Vehicles. 91 octane fuel. 255HP (+11%)/ 300lb-ft (+28%)
    Can you help me understand this? I'm consider one of the two for my '07 WRX wagon, as well. Thanks.

DUB
    The numbers from the COBB map notes are at the crank, OP's are at the wheels.

Welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    The numbers from the COBB map notes are at the crank, OP's are at the wheels.

Welcome to the club.
    Thanks--I'm aware of how/where the numbers are taken, but it just seems like that's some serious powertrain loss if that's the case. 60+ hp is big.

DUB
    I was under the impression that an ~50hp loss from crank to wheels was normal for awd cars. I don't remember where I heard that, but I could definitely be wrong.

Was also curuious about the SPT intake. I have the full system on my car as well--was it more of a sound issue for you, or did you buy it as a performance part? I personally love the noise irrespective of whatever small power gains it might offer. Throttle response seems crisper, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    I was under the impression that an ~50hp loss from crank to wheels was normal for awd cars. I don't remember where I heard that, but I could definitely be wrong.
    Right on--if it is, please excuse me. This is my first AWD car (up from a modified 1995 M3), so I'm just a little surprised by a 30% +/- powertrain loss...but I guess it actually makes sense if you consider the variables.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.