Stage2 + Protune Review - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stage2 + Protune Review within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so how much did this cost you? Isn't 17psi a bit high for daily driving? Do you think it'll decrease ...

so how much did this cost you? Isn't 17psi a bit high for daily driving? Do you think it'll decrease the life expectancy of the turbo? Cobb stage 2 OTS map is 15.5 psi +/- .5 psi.
    downshift b!tch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i was tuned at 18 psi, on the 06 with a td04, though as everyone states its way out of it effeciency range, never had an issue except for fuel cut on a really cold night,easily corrected rearranging the boost targets.. but my car pulled like a mother... all low end though..biggest difference with the 06's... its like an inverted power curve of the 2.0l's...kinda.

Pulls hard as hell down low but looses steam quick at like 4700 rpm's. The 2.0l's i have driven are so weak down low then you get put back in the seat around 4500-6000 rpm...its fun to go drive an 02-05, then jump into an 06..its like whoa....

The weirdest thing after I got tuned after being stg 2 for a while....my car felt slower....but it wasn't!

The car felt slower with a lil more torque...then I hit some twisty's and wow!!!
    All the difference in the world..would break all 4 loose coming out tight turns getting on the gas.. torque is in your face...really pulls you through and out of the corners....lol got to the point where I wouldn't even drive it in the rain much cause it would kick out with the slighest gas input and Re-070 tires....I love drining in the rain too...but pro-tune deffinetly made my car beast..

The only reason it felt slower was because power and torque delivery is so linear now and so much smoother....before you could feel it pull harder at different rpm's giving the illusion of going fast though it was just the jumpy powerband...hard to explain...worth every penny though.

AGILE AUTO FTW!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by importracer3 View Post
    so how much did this cost you? Isn't 17psi a bit high for daily driving? Do you think it'll decrease the life expectancy of the turbo? Cobb stage 2 OTS map is 15.5 psi +/- .5 psi.

The stock turbo will lose efficiency past 16.5/17psi on a MBC or standard OTS map... Which is why most people advise 15.5/16psi. However, my OTS cobb stage2 map was hitting 16psi peak according to the cobb realtime digital boost reader, and on a custom tune (protune) the point is to work in more boost and adjust fuel/air/timing along with it so that the turbo IS efficient at that target boost.

I actually could have gone to 17psi/18psi on a more aggressive tune but decided against it. Some people do it however. If you are tuned, the td04 does find with 17psi IMO.

You can really notice how hard the small td04 struggles at upper rpm's though. I really need a VF turbo
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12