Protune question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Protune question within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2005 wrx with a turboback and aftermarket up pipe and I was thinking about getting it tuned. ...

Protune question

I have a 2005 wrx with a turboback and aftermarket up pipe and I was thinking about getting it tuned. I already have an accessport. Is it worth getting it tuned with these mods?

Also, I was thinking about doing it at "Garage Tuning" in Orange (any comments?). Did anyone get there wrx tuned somewhere else in SoCal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it worth it?

Are you satisfied w/ Cobb Stage 2? If not, then yes.

Garage Tuning?

Post that question in the South Western Forum.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

A pro-tune would be worth it if indeed you were not planning on any major mods(turbo upgrade) in the near future. A mod like that will require a new pro-tune for the new turbo.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1 View Post
    A pro-tune would be worth it if indeed you were not planning on any major mods(turbo upgrade) in the near future. A mod like that will require a new pro-tune for the new turbo.
    i was kinda wondering the same question, Turbo back and spt intake with cobb AP...thats supposed to be what?? 50 BHP (flywheel) addition on a STI? what would a protune add to that? and whats involved with a protune?
    R.I.P. 2004 SRT-4
    Missing you...2005 STI

Quote Originally Posted by J.Skellington View Post
    i was kinda wondering the same question, Turbo back and spt intake with cobb AP...thats supposed to be what?? 50 BHP (flywheel) addition on a STI? what would a protune add to that? and whats involved with a protune?
    Well a protune should add significant power, but I don't know how much the intake would add or subtract from that. What is involved in a pro-tune is usually multiple dyno pulls, where a tuner dials in the timing, boost, and other factors to get the most out of your car. The reason that more power can be achieved is because cobb ots maps are somewhat more conservative and designed to work for most everybody. Basically all that is being done is a computer reprogram
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1 View Post
    Well a protune should add significant power, but I don't know how much the intake would add or subtract from that. What is involved in a pro-tune is usually multiple dyno pulls, where a tuner dials in the timing, boost, and other factors to get the most out of your car. The reason that more power can be achieved is because cobb ots maps are somewhat more conservative and designed to work for most everybody. Basically all that is being done is a computer reprogram
    ohh cool...thanks! very helpful
    R.I.P. 2004 SRT-4
    Missing you...2005 STI

Very happy with my pro tune. Only bad thing is I want more HP and TQ. Check out my dyno results that I posted last week.

My base line was with my Cobb A.P 2.0 Stage 2 3" TBE/UPPIE,K&N Panel Filter

Cobb Stage 2 91 ACN LWG Max Power 274.10 Max Torque 298.32

Harman Pump Gas Map 91ACN Max Power 298.71 Max Torque 315.85

Harman Race Gas Map 100 Octane Max Power 315.87 Max Torque 345.2
    Last edited by jb181; 03-21-2007 at 08:34 PM.

the ap to me kinda plays it safe with fuel. if you get pro tuned you might see better gas mileage and also some more power

i think its worth it

b4 u get protuned get a walbro 255lph fuel pump as this will help alittle
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by jb181 View Post
    Very happy with my pro tune. Only bad thing is I want more HP and TQ. Check out my dyno results that I posted last week.

My base line was with my Cobb A.P 2.0 Stage 2 3" TBE/UPPIE,K&N Panel Filter

Cobb Stage 2 91 ACN LWG Max Power 274.10 Max Torque 298.32

Harman Pump Gas Map 91ACN Max Power 298.71 Max Torque 315.85

Harman Race Gas Map 100 Octane Max Power 315.87 Max Torque 345.2
    Is this at the wheels? what dyno, those are great numbers...Wow time to get a c16 race gas tune for me, if you can pull numbers like that on 100oct. On 93oct tuned best I made was 292.1 awftlb/tq and 242 awhp on a Dynapack chassis dynamometer...With just dp and exhaust...

That is to the wheels on a dyno-jet. Was told C16 makes a big difference in power. Was really impressed with the A.P 2 numbers on the first pull not bad numbers for under $1000 for A.P 2 and exhaust

makes more sense now...I just realized you have an STI, and not a wrx...I have an 06 WRX...I knew my numbers where good as I have walked some ots stg 2 STI's up until highway speeds...damn td04

Still very good numbers. Saving for my next upgrade now. FMIC, Water injection 20g turbo setup should put down 380 to 400 to the the wheels on pump gas.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.