cobb ap2 question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on cobb ap2 question within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; wassup peoples. i wanted to know if having the cobb ap2 stage 2 map not protuned safe for my car?i'm ...

cobb ap2 question

wassup peoples. i wanted to know if having the cobb ap2 stage 2 map not protuned safe for my car?i'm not gonna be doing a turbo upgrade for a while so i dont need it protuned right now. if i was gonna get it protuned the modds i have, will i get that much more hp then leaving it with the stage 2 map??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As you are, as long as you have at least a D/P with your AP, you are fine. Cobb makes a very sturdy product that is supposedly pretty conservative.

Getting the tune with more mods can grant you more power because then you will be running a more individual, car specific tune that is probably less conservative.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

I Support ClubWRX
    PDX tune it if you get something installed and u don't wanna pay for the dyno time and protune, or if you don't have a protuner in ur area.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I've also got a Stage 2 question. Is there any timeline to where I can't get on it after installed the DP and flashing Stg 2?? I have my AP and DP arriving on Friday and I wanted to see if I can install, flash and be able to drive it and test its new power right off the bat.
    2006 WRBlue WRX
    Cobb Tuned to Stage II, Helix Catted DP, Invidia 3" Catback
    Cobb: Short Shifter, Sport Springs, Shifter Bushings, Trans Mount, Front/Rear Sway Bars
    Redline Hood Dampeners
    20% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by soupsredline View Post
    I've also got a Stage 2 question. Is there any timeline to where I can't get on it after installed the DP and flashing Stg 2?? I have my AP and DP arriving on Friday and I wanted to see if I can install, flash and be able to drive it and test its new power right off the bat.

Well, your AIM will be reset to 8 unless you do the vishnu trick to get it up to maximum. It will take some time to learn the new setup and smooth out. I've never heard that you need to baby it during this process though.

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Well, your AIM will be reset to 8 unless you do the vishnu trick to get it up to maximum. It will take some time to learn the new setup and smooth out. I've never heard that you need to baby it during this process though.
    I'm not sure what you mean by AIM being reset to 8, or the Vishnu trick... elaborate?? Also, I knew it would learn over time, but I wasn't sure if it was a "break in" period. If not, then after its install, i'll be sure to go for a test drive.
    2006 WRBlue WRX
    Cobb Tuned to Stage II, Helix Catted DP, Invidia 3" Catback
    Cobb: Short Shifter, Sport Springs, Shifter Bushings, Trans Mount, Front/Rear Sway Bars
    Redline Hood Dampeners
    20% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    AIM = advance ignition multiplier. Its a parameter in the ECU used to retard timing when conditions are bad (e.g. gas is bad). It will advance if things are going well and can reach 16 IIRC. Search the vishnu trick up, you basically stay out of boost then use a load (hill or drag brakes) to run low boost for a certain time in 3rd and this will supposedly get you to 16. Personally, I think it wouldn't hurt to let it advance on its own, it will just give you some extra protection while it learns. I.e. it goes to 8 for a reason if you ask me.

Cool cobb stage 2 question

ok guys this is what i got. 04 wrx with aps intake, hks bov, perrin crank pulley, gt spec headers w/up-pipe, full turboback turbo xs exhaust w/downpipe and greddy profec b-spec. will the cobb stage 2 map work with this set up. i probably would get a custom map from pdx sent to me, but i want to know if the greddy boost controller will be compatable with the set up. i heard i should take it off and leave the stock one on. what you think??i also heard i shoud go back to the stock bov because it messes with the air/fuel ratio.

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't use a boost controller unless you're tuned for it, and cobb accessport will control the boost just fine. If you need crave more boost than the OTS maps give you, then PDX, or PROTUNE it buddy. And pull the show off valve.. it runs rich shifts.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Lose the BOV and the Profec. The AP will handle the boost so you won't need a EBC. Stage 2 is not tuned for a BOV so I would ditch that and put back on the stock one if you got it. Also, your intake may be a problem due to the fact that the map was designed for either a Cobb, SPT, or stock intake. Here is a link for the notes for a 2004 WRX Stage 2 map running 91 octane (no CA, NV, or AZ gas) which spells out specifically what they tuned the map for.

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/ima...091%20v130.pdf
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

I Support ClubWRX
    the aps intake might be fine. data log before you pull it off... it's a quality intake.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Cool whuddup brudas

so basically if i can get the car protuned somewhere i can keep the intake, greddy profec, and maybe the hks bov(showoff valve) on??

Banned
    when you buy the cobb AP, does Stage II use stage one map? Is stage II basicly just a tbe with stage I?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gasstationboi View Post
    when you buy the cobb AP, does Stage II use stage one map? Is stage II basicly just a tbe with stage I?
    No... different map. You have more flow in the exhaust, you CANNOT keep the same map. There are a bunch of beginners guide to ap posts, and cobbforums.com is an awesome resource for beginners and protuners alike. Check em out.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    and I think I know the next question... does stage 2 map cost?? no. It comes preloaded on the ap, and you can download it... as well as several other maps including tuning w/ other turbo's on cobbtuning.com But they have VERY specific params as far as what tuning is supposed to be done to use those. If you want a custom map, go through a protuner or pdx.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast