should I wait for UTEC for 06?

This is a discussion on should I wait for UTEC for 06? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just read that the AP had a map for the FP18g turbo, which is the turbo that I plan ...

should I wait for UTEC for 06?

I just read that the AP had a map for the FP18g turbo, which is the turbo that I plan to get for my TR. My plans for my car power wise are TBE, FMIC probably Turbo XS and 18g turbo. I live close to Turbo XS and was planning just to wait for the UTEC to come out but read that Cobb came out with these new maps. I have a Protuner Agile Automotive in the area also so I can get it tuned with the FMIC.Which do you think is a better choice for me UTEC or AP having a hard time decieding because Turbo XS is only 20min from me and AP is a little cheaper in price.
    Last edited by MANZ79; 04-12-2006 at 09:13 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well i would say that your better off with the ap becuase it has been out already for the 06 and has been proven to give u great results. The utec is not as user friendly as the ap imo and is alot more expensive. It will prob run around 1000 bucks plus tunning. the ap comes pretty much with everythign u need for 645. A protune is usually 250-300 bucks or so which is still cheaper then utec. For your needs the ap is deffiantley a more logical choice.

Does anyone know when the UTEC actually is coming out?
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

CobbAP > UTEC, for any one that will not be doing their own tuning....
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

thanks for the replys, I'm probably going to get the AP b/c it has a map for the mods I was planning to do with the motor execpt for a FMIC but I could go get it protuned whenever I get that installed. Does anyone know what kind of 1/4 times the Cobb stage 3 will run?

Quote Originally Posted by testes1010
    CobbAP > UTEC, for any one that will not be doing their own tuning....
    Cobb AP
    I love my car, don't you?

Mods