Need your opinions on stage 2
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need your opinions on stage 2 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Guys: I've been reading a lot of posts about the stage 2 AP. I have a 04 WRX with a ...

Need your opinions on stage 2

Guys:

I've been reading a lot of posts about the stage 2 AP. I have a 04 WRX with a Helix catted dp and a Borla Hush. Is it safe to use a stage 2 map on my car? A salesperson in Harman Motive in Torrance, CA told me that it isn't safe until I get an Uppipe. (I got my AP from them) What do you guys think? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your fine. No up-pipe necesary, although recommened (you'll see boost around 400-500 rpms sooner). All you need to flash stg 2 is an aftermarket DP.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

not sure on the year but if you have a catted up do not increase boost or eventually the cat will break up and go directly into the turbo and then time to spend $$ on a stage 4+
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

Quote Originally Posted by racerWRX
    not sure on the year but if you have a catted up do not increase boost or eventually the cat will break up and go directly into the turbo and then time to spend $$ on a stage 4+
    I had my 02 at stage 2 for about 2 years before I changed my uppipe. It held up fine, just had more turbo lag.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I have stage 2 with a gutted uppipe.... give you piece of mind if anything...

Ive been stage 2 for over a year now ... need more power !
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Go for it! Although, getting a catless uppipe will help. You are going to love stage 2! I know that I do.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin
    Go for it! Although, getting a catless uppipe will help. You are going to love stage 2! I know that I do.
    +1...
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.