Turbo XS Programmed Unichip and EMI Adaptor
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo XS Programmed Unichip and EMI Adaptor within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know if the Vishnu EMI adaptor will work with the Turbo XS programmed Unichip or will you have ...

Turbo XS Programmed Unichip and EMI Adaptor

Does anyone know if the Vishnu EMI adaptor will work with the Turbo XS programmed Unichip or will you have to use the Vishnu programmed Unichip? Also everytime you reprogram your Unichip do you have to do the same with the EMI adaptor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry, edited away my comment cuz I was told I was wrong.
    Last edited by WishIHadWRX; 11-20-2002 at 05:09 PM.
    I have an eclipse. It is slow. Please don't hate me for driving such a car, I really want a WRX. Please buy me a WRX, Ill be your friend.

TurboXS uses TPS as an input, Shiv @ Vishnu uses MAP as an input.

This is determined by the harness/how the unichip is wired in to your vehicle's ECU.

For instance, when Shiv came to Hawaii and graciously offered (and came through!) to road-tune unichips - he was able to plug and play on the Vishnu equipped cars - but those of us with TurboXS chips would have to have run the Vishnu unichip harness, or forego the harness and hard-wire the chip into the ECU.

There is supposed to be a way to convert the TurboXS wiring harness to allow the Unichip to use MAP as it's primary axis, but we couldn't find any info. on it.

I'm not smart enough to know which is better - I would think that it's easier to tune with MAP vs. TPS - but then again look at what TurboXS has accomplished out there with their methodology.

Potatos, potatoes...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Awwww man. I wasnt wrong, thats basically what I said then edited it away. I would have seemed smart.
    I have an eclipse. It is slow. Please don't hate me for driving such a car, I really want a WRX. Please buy me a WRX, Ill be your friend.

Well I dont know if it could be anymore complicated, but at least your info helped me out. Too bad its not like a "selected your mod" out of 2,000 different ones and push enter and watch it go to work!

The usefullness of the EMI adapter is somewhat diminished with a properly remapped ECU. I suspect there will still be one or two usefull features we could still use but that remains to be seen. Should have definitive answers in a couple of weeks.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...51#post2934951
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator

There is supposed to be a way to convert the TurboXS wiring harness to allow the Unichip to use MAP as it's primary axis, but we couldn't find any info. on it.
    Ask and ye shall recieve... even me, who can't wire gauges correctly, got this to work. I had the vishnu unichip with a TXS harness and was so proud of it for the 3 days I had it before vishnu came out with his harness. :sigh:

To modify the harness to use MAP.

Rev 3 Board
    1. Desolder or cut the wire from the Unichip harness attached to J1-pin 18. Solder this wire to J1-pin 1. (See "map mod rev 3 (pic1).jpg")
    2. Solder a wire between U1-pin3 and J2-pin 1. (See "map mod rev 3 (pic2).jpg")

Rev 2 Board
    1. Desolder or cut the wire from the Unichip harness attached to J8-pin 18. Solder this wire to J8-pin 1. (See "map mod rev 2 (pic1).jpg")
    2. Solder a wire between ZD2 and J7-pin 1. (See "map mod rev 2 (pic2).jpg")

TPS Mod.
    To alter the TPS threshold from 40% to 60% we need to change resistor R8. Replace this with a 4.7kohm (0.25W) resistor. If you want to test this measure the voltage at either end of R8 relative to ground. You should measure approximately 8.2V and 3V.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map mod rev 3 (pic 1).jpg  
    Last edited by cobra117; 12-01-2002 at 12:30 AM.

and part 2 of the Rev 3 board...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map mod rev 3 (pic 2).jpg  

Part 1 Rev 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map mod rev 2 (pic 1).jpg  

and the last...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map mod rev 2 (pic 2).jpg  

Awesome awesome awesome!! Thank you!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.