Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb stage 2 tune

21K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  littleredcrate 
#1 ·
Hey, greeting from Kansas everyone. So I bought a 2016 STI the other day and the guy before me had a Cobb SF intake, ETS extreme cat back and a Cobb accessport currently running 91 Stage two. My question, is it safe to run a stage two like that with no fuel upgrades and with a stock down pipe? Or should I just run that 91+SF? I would rather not mess up my car. Any advice is very much appreciated.
Paul

#36 ·
why not Keep it all, use the map it came with to drive to a reputable tuner and have a custom tune done

#40 ·
Thanks I read it. My opinion these cars have become tuner cars that are not fun to tune anymore. Technology in cars is taking over.
That's not at all what it said.
It's saying that Subaru designed the fuel system to be near the safe limits of its injectors at stock power levels. In order to get more power, the fuel system must be upgraded.

Essentially, Subaru made these cars directly to their specification, and if you want more out of your car, you gotta change components.

EFI tuning has a few different methods, but Subaru is not changing anything substantial in that aspect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.