Subaru WRX Forum banner

COBB Ap stage 1 questions

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  nrasubaru 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm a newbie so bear with me..anyway I just recently bought a 2016 wrx premium with 15k miles on it, still everything stock and I was wondering about the COBB Accessport v3 if I can install that myself without a problem and if I can do that with a stock intake and exhaust? This is my first car and like I said I'm relatively new to this so any help wud be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Heres the deal....

If you add anything that involves airflow aside from the catback or axel back exhaust (dont remember which is safe), you have to do a new tune. The more mods, the more likely you have to get it dyno tuned by a professional, you wont be able to just flash to a new map.

You will lose your warranty on the motor... as long as you understand that, youre good.

The COBB flash addresses the rev hang issues but dont expect substantial HP increases, just drivability increases.

***This is what I have learned while trying to research this myself. Made a thread about it in this subforem about a month or two ago so I advise looking through that, lots of questions answered there. I dont actually have the COBB AP.

#9 ·
Yes, I agree.
I'm currently running the Cobb AP Stage 1 91.
Don't expect high performance gains, especially in Stage 1. Stage 2 is where you will experience these gains.
But Stage 1 does improve driveability tremendously. It resolved the rev hang, the overly sensitive accelerator pedal and other minor things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.