Subaru WRX Forum banner

Tuning option opinions

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  XJman 
#1 ·
I hate doing a post like this, but I hate wasting money even more. It's about time for me to tune my car, and in looking for tuners, Bren comes up...a lot. It seems everyone has had great experiences with him, and he was who I was leaning towards. With that being said, I happened upon a semi-local tuner, with a metric crap ton of WRXs parked outside his shop. I've seen many people say that you should go for a protune over an e-tune, so I was wondering what experiences people have had with JR Tuned. I do like the idea of going to a shop to have my car tuned; but, I'd much rather go with an e-tune instead if it's going to be a better tune all around.

TL;DR version: Bren Tuning (e-tune) or JR Tuned (protune)?

#5 ·
An email tune is only as good as the data you give them; I would much rather be in the vehicle when tuning a customers car, so that if you can't get me what I want, I can kick you out of the drivers seat and do it myself.

Plus, if you're "local" to JR, that's one of the better tuners in the country.

#11 ·
disiullusions said:
Let me also ask this, since I forgot to put this in the original post. Bren is also within driving distance (3-hours), as opposed to the hour for JR. So, a protune from either is feasible. With that being said, any preference?
I do my own tuning (and for customers). I would turn my laptop over to JR (there is a short list for that, and he's on it). Infer what you will...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.