Subaru WRX Forum banner

OBD "Not Ready" because of Cobb Tune

19K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  zax 
#1 ·
Hello! I recently moved to NY with my 2004 WRX and needed to pass inspection.

It seems that the Cobb Accessport tune is causing my OBD sensors (Oxygen sensor, Htd O2 sensor, Cat,) to read as not ready. You are only allowed two "not ready" signals in NY state to pass.

If I un-marry the accessport, I have a check engine light because I have a turbo-back after market pipe with no Cat. Any techies out there think of a way I can adjust the Cobb tune to let my OBD read?

Or some other work around? Much appreciated, thanks!

#4 ·
I have a check engine light because I have a turbo-back after market pipe with no Cat.
Now you have one? The obd is secondary to the issue you have.

I have guy... the Cat is fine. But I cant get around the OBD sensors.
Or your "guy" can't work around it? Install a stock turbo back flash a factory map. Get your checks, pass, then do whatever

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I know this is a month old but chances are you still haven't got a sticker for your car...

If you just flashed your car, then you need to give it time to make the monitors ready.
If you have had the tune on your car for quite some time, then the tune needs to be modified to ignore those sensors. This will put them to 'Not Applicable' when hooked up to a test. That passes NYS OBDII test. The test only looks to see if there are 'Not Ready's' and how many of them there are. Being a 2004 model year, you are only allowed 1 Not Ready status.

Unfortunately you are misinformed. 1996-2000 model year you can have 2 Not Readys. 2001+ can only have 1.

I parted cars for several years. I always had stickers lying around. Go rent a car and scrape off the sticker...lol

j/k. If company reports you, you will be in some big trouble.

#8 ·
Cobb does not force Readiness monitors. You might be able to do it in AccessTuner Race. Else, just perform the correct drive cycles and clear the monitors yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#9 ·
No one said force readiness.... But you can definitely disable the rear 02 sensor within the tune; however, the rear 02 still adjusts for trim so the map will probably need to be adjusted to accommodate.
Within the Accesstuner Race you can keep the 02 for it's readings but disable the CEL code. This is IMO best of both worlds.

#10 ·
Rear O2 only adjusts trim for 32 bit ECUs. 16bit ECU (as mentioned) only uses rear O2 for monitoring rear catalyst health.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.