Subaru WRX Forum banner

Intake with Cobb AP Decisions

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Fricken Hamster 
#1 ·
So I just broke in my 2016 base model WRX. I want to get an intake and now understand i should also purchase the Cobb AP to go with the intake i buy. I'm deciding between the Cobb intake (stage 1 with AP package) or buying the Mishimoto intake along with the AP separately. Any thoughts on which one will be better (Cobbs package - which just came out, or the Mishimoto with Mishimoto map on the Cobb AP)? When all is said and done - they are about the same price.

Also looking to get additional performance gains but don't want the loud sound of the stage 2 exhaust since i drive my car for work. Is it possible to just get a J pipe to get additional gains? are there any other options without making my car noticed from 2 miles away?

Thanks!!

#3 ·
Thanks for the interest in our intake KB! I do believe AP offers a couple different maps for our intake system. This includes both manual and CVT support, as well as a Stage 2 map for those with exhaust enhancements.

https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/e...16-WRX-Aftermarket-Intake-Maps-Mishimoto-ETS-

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions about our intake system. We have a ton of customers running this setup and the overall feedback is very positive. Bolting on a better flowing j-pipe is going to unlock a ton of flow, and power from the car. This is one modification that you will see some substantial torque gains from. If installed with the factory CBE, noise level increases will be minimal and you can still take advantage of the improved flow right off the turbo.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
-John

#4 ·
Do you want a different color pipe? go Mishimoto do you want extra Cobb stickers go with Cobb. As long as there is supported OTS maps then just pick one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.