Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb V3 Accessport and Engine Light

24K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Yoro721 
#1 ·
So my engine light came on two days ago (along with the blinking cruise light and traction control light). The next day, i noticed the fuel cap was loose, so I tightened it back up and gave it a day to clear. Today the lights were still on, so I used my accessport to check the ECU code. Nothing came up. I took it to AutoZone, and the code was indeed for the fuel cap. My question is how long should it take for the lights to go off? Should I use the "Reset ECU Codes" option on the accessport or will this clear my stage 2 map as well? Any help is appreciated!

#3 ·
the reset will erase the codes, not the maps. however, if you have a more serious issue, the AP may not be able to pick it up. what was the initial code? delete and go through a drive cycle to see if it comes back on. if it does, write the code down and google it/ask here.

#6 ·
Sounds like you threw a U0073 CEL, "control module communication "A" off". the same thing happened to me; I started a thread about it too, http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/general-maintenance-troubleshooting-accidents/134511642-u0073-christmas-light-cel.html

My accessport and the obd2 reader from autozone couldn't pick it up at first. As long as the CEL is flashing, you should be able to drive...check your knock readings, and keep the car under boost. Drive for roughly ten to twenty minutes, and see if the accessport can read the code again. If it is indeed the U0073, you can take your car to a Subaru dealership and they can reflash an update. The U0073 is not a huge deal, and it happens. Question, do you have the accessport to an automatic start when you start the vehicle? I took that setting off, and that code hasn't come back yet. Good luck.

#7 ·
To elaborate a little further, I threw the code twice and both times it happened as soon as I started my vehicle. The only difference was I had the accessport to start automatically when the vehicle started...like I said, took that setting off and I haven't seen that issue pop up again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.