Another Tuning Thread - Aftermarket Boost Controller
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another Tuning Thread - Aftermarket Boost Controller within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I am getting ready to tune my 16 Limited manual transmission and I spoke with the guys over ...

Another Tuning Thread - Aftermarket Boost Controller

Hey guys,

I am getting ready to tune my 16 Limited manual transmission and I spoke with the guys over at EFI Logics. They were very nice and explained a lot to me. They recommended going with a aftermarket boost controller. I'm not looking to modify much of the car as I just got her and honestly the idea of loosing the warranty kind of sucks but this is debatable.

Anyway, EFi recommend an aftermarket boost controller to have better control of the boost. He mentioned that the rods in these engines are the weak points and that with the amount of torque a tune can produce that there have been some problems with people bending rods. Other then that he said they are great engines. Anyone else hear or know about this? Any other recommendations? Any comments on the quality of EFI Logics tuning capabilities?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you are getting ready to tune it on your own? Unless you're really experienced with others, I don't know how much I'd dive into this. There's a reason good protunes cost upwards of $500. Kudos if you stick with it, learn, do it all on your own, and don't blow your car up. I guess all tuners start somewhere.

As for EFI Logics, I've seen a lot of quality cars come out of there.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    you are getting ready to tune it on your own? Unless you're really experienced with others, I don't know how much I'd dive into this. There's a reason good protunes cost upwards of $500. Kudos if you stick with it, learn, do it all on your own, and don't blow your car up. I guess all tuners start somewhere.

As for EFI Logics, I've seen a lot of quality cars come out of there.

I'm not going to tune anything. I should of phased it as have my car tuned. Going to have EFI do it. Just wondering about the aftermarket boost controller and EFi in general. It's interesting what they said about the rods in these engines.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LexusLSGuy View Post
    I'm not going to tune anything. I should of phased it as have my car tuned. Going to have EFI do it. Just wondering about the aftermarket boost controller and EFi in general. It's interesting what they said about the rods in these engines.

Oh, ok, gotcha, it was a little unclear in the first post. EFI is great. If they suggest the boost controller to meet your goals and you have the money for it, then go for it. it is interesting about the rods, but I guess every engine has it's weak point. Good luck with the tune and be sure to post up and let us know how it goes.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.