AP stage 1 still reliable?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on AP stage 1 still reliable? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If I were to to a stage 1 tune from an access port, will doing so stil make my car ...

Mishawaka Indiana

AP stage 1 still reliable?

If I were to to a stage 1 tune from an access port, will doing so stil make my car 100% reliable or just a reliable as if I were to do nothing at all?

2. Remove Advertisements

Buckeye State
    I Support ClubWRX
    Theoretically, your car should still be reliable.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread

Greenville, SC
    I Support ClubWRX
    In theory yes. But every car responds differently to an OTS map. Important thing is to data log and review the results. Cobb has good notes online about what to look for. You can also contact Cobb directly if you have questions or concerns about your logs.

Stink-Eye Mob #864

My Build Thread - "Scrappy Doo" 2013 Subaru WRX Hatch

"Turbos: Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster" - Jeremy Clarkson

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I Support ClubWRX
    Stage 1 will be relatively safe, but honestly there's so many variables involved. If you're worried about maintaining 100% reliability, I would keep the car stock for the peace of mind

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.