Which map??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Which map?? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got a cobb ap for my 2007 2.5 wrx wagon. I also just put in an invidia v3 catless ...

Which map??

Just got a cobb ap for my 2007 2.5 wrx wagon. I also just put in an invidia v3 catless dp and the invidia n1 race catback with no cats as well. I noticed the ap comes with a lot of stock maps, I'm assuming I need to install a stage 2 map but which one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you read the map notes of each one, it will tell you exactly which mods are supported for that map. No more, no less. Otherwise, your other determining factor is what fuel you use. There are 91 oct maps and 93 oct maps. Use 93 unless you live in an area where only 91 is available.
    Billy
    2011 OBP WRX STi Sedan - click if bored
    2009 Ducati Monster 1100
    2008 Legacy 3.0R - SOLD
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - SOLD
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Facebook

Thanks, I found some of the map notes online

So, I guess this is the "tune" everyone said my car would need after I put my exhaust on??

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J_saucy View Post
    So, I guess this is the "tune" everyone said my car would need after I put my exhaust on??
    Yup.

I didn't know they made Off-The-Shelf (OTS) tunes for catless downpipes, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Yup.

I didn't know they made Off-The-Shelf (OTS) tunes for catless downpipes, however.
    I'm not sure if they do.. Do I need to find another map for that? In the notes it just said the requirement was an "upgraded turboback"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by J_saucy View Post
    I'm not sure if they do.. Do I need to find another map for that? In the notes it just said the requirement was an "upgraded turboback"
    Read the first question/answer here: COBB Tuning - 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX MT Stage 2 Map

...Better than nothing, that's for sure. You may want to consider a professional tune if you are stuck on going catless.

I would take some time and do some reading to learn how to log knock parameters and your fuel trims. It's not too difficult with the access port, and would help give you some piece of mind that everything is doing what it should.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

On the 2007s, you should be ok, but you *could* risk boost creep. The map notes state "Catted downpipes" but I've always thought that was Cobb just covering their asses so that they aren't a large company condoning putting non-road legal parts on cars for the road. I specifically recall back on my 2007 STI 8 years ago, that the map notes didn't mention anything about catted or catless either way and that it was a moot issue.

That being said, I'm not guaranteeing that you'd be fine, but you should run logs just to keep an eye on things and ultimately get a protune to ensure that your car runs at tip top.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium|Kona Blue|5.0L Coyote V8|6spd Manual|Corsa Catback Exhaust

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    On the 2007s, you should be ok, but you *could* risk boost creep. The map notes state "Catted downpipes" but I've always thought that was Cobb just covering their asses so that they aren't a large company condoning putting non-road legal parts on cars for the road.
    I personally would be pretty concerned. If it's enough of a difference to cause boost creep (or not), it should be reflected in the boost control tables.

I forget if the 07s were 2.0s or 2.5s to be honest. For what its worth, on my 2011 2.5, I had such bad boost creep issues after going catless that I ended up getting an EWG. I was hitting 18psi at redline in the cold with no wastegate duty cycle. If I had been using an off the shelf map that had a minimum wastegate duty cycle in it, I could have easily been above 20psi at redline.

Seems like its a bit late for the OP, anyhow, as he already has the catless dp installed. If he goes in for a pro tune and the tuner finds him hitting boost creep, I doubt a good tuner would let him go without an EWG or getting the wastegate ported. Going catless on the 2.5s is a slippery slope, sadly. If its a 2.0L, I don't have any experience with them.
    2011 STi Build Log

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    the TD04-13T in the WRX has a significantly larger wastegate port than the VF39/43/48/52 despite being smaller overall. Catless is fine with these cars.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    the TD04-13T in the WRX has a significantly larger wastegate port than the VF39/43/48/52 despite being smaller overall. Catless is fine with these cars.
    Yay Subaru!

Still, i'd expect the boost control tables to change a decent amount using a catless downpipe on a tune designed for a catted one. I doubt it would be anything dangerous (I'd hope Cobb would open the WGDC correction range up a lot), but it wouldn't be ideal by any means.
    2011 STi Build Log

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.