Cobb Issues
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb Issues within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I installed an accessport on my 2015 WRX ..I loaded the 93 octane stage 1 map. I only use ...

Cobb Issues

So I installed an accessport on my 2015 WRX ..I loaded the 93 octane stage 1 map. I only use 93 octane. I take it out after the flash and I can only hit 10lbs of boost, So I decide to come right home and flash to 91 (running 93 octane) I can only hit 14 lbs of boost and the car feels slow. I then looked at Cobbs site and decided I should try the HWG map for 93 but when I goto load it to my AP it says its not for my car its for the STI ..Im not sure if thats still ok to use or not. Now I have completely uninstalled the AP and my car is faster without it hitting the correct boost and power is back..Am I missing something. Any help appreciated,just dropped 650 on the AP hate for it to sit o a shelf

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you upload the correct map in the first place?
    Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    Contact Cobb
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yes , I did install the correct maps. I was extra careful with that part of it..I did send an email to Cobb..They said 3-5 days they get back to you?? Guess Ill call tomorrow.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockChoke View Post
    Yes , I did install the correct maps. I was extra careful with that part of it..I did send an email to Cobb..They said 3-5 days they get back to you?? Guess Ill call tomorrow.
    Cobb has great customer support.
    Your best of calling as you suggested, everybody emails.
    Is the Cobb APs boost gauge reading the same as the one on your dash?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I didnt get that far to set up the gauges, just took initial cruise after install. I did find the correct 93 high waste gate map..Have not tried it yet.Going to in the morning before work. Can someone explain the difference with this map (HWG)

im def gonna call tomorrow, I would like to get this working

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    good luck!

Thanks Germz!!! Im going to try both maps tomorrow reg 93 and HWG if either does not give good results ill be on the phone

Do those installing tuners just not care about their warranties? I mean it personal preference, but my dealership gave me a 6 year/80,000 mile warranty for free and I am not going to put any performance mods on it (although I desperately want to) for fear that something awful would happen to the car.

Hey ClockChoke, do you have an update in regards to your issues? I am having similar issues and was curious how the HWG map turned out for you.

Also, can anyone weigh in on just HOW MUCH AF correction is acceptable? Mine is bouncing around +/-10 at idle and hitting +/-25 during driving (not often but occassionally. I just want to make sure that isn't a problem...

To clarify, I am running the standard stage 1 OTS map for 93 octane. In NY, no elevation related issues.

Thanks!

not yet Leify, I didnt reinstall this morning before work. I will try at lunch and report back

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by calebian21 View Post
    Do those installing tuners just not care about their warranties? I mean it personal preference, but my dealership gave me a 6 year/80,000 mile warranty for free and I am not going to put any performance mods on it (although I desperately want to) for fear that something awful would happen to the car.
    That's kind-of a loaded question.

As you said "... it's personal preference...". Cobb has been in this game for many of years and has a solid grasp on the product they're putting out. Thousands of people are running APs on their "warrantied" WRX/STI without issues. The hesitation comes with the WRX engine being new and there hasn't been a ton of research on the effects of extra strain on the engine. Also, it boils down to "pay-to-play." Most people that start modding before their warranty expires is well aware of what would happen if there is an issue and SOA denys their warranty claim. With that being said, just because you added the AP, or any mod, does not mean that you automatically lose your warranty. If there is an issue it's up to SOA to approve or deny the warranty claim. Let's say something happens to your suspension that would be covered under warranty, SOA isn't going to deny the claim because you have an AP. If you are interested in modding before your warranty is up, go to your dealer and talk to the service manager. When I picked up my WRX the service manager told me that they don't care about APs if the car comes in for work or service. Obviously he can't speak for SOA though.
    “Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.” - David Rains Wallace

2015 WRX - Crystal White Pearl
    2014 Forester 2.5i Premium - Dark Grey Metallic

well I took a break at work,tried 93 acn hwg and the regular 93 acn map...Niether worked for me the best one was 91 acn map got me to 14 pounds of boost...Cobb wants me to do a 4th gear pull.They think the ap is causing limp mode

Quote Originally Posted by ClockChoke View Post
    well I took a break at work,tried 93 acn hwg and the regular 93 acn map...Niether worked for me the best one was 91 acn map got me to 14 pounds of boost...Cobb wants me to do a 4th gear pull.They think the ap is causing limp mode
    are you getting a CEL or is your cruise light blinking?
    2006 San Remo Red WRX Stage 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.