Boost oscillation
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost oscillation within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys basicly trying to tune my new prodrive/peirburg/tactrix 3 port ebcs my target peak is 20 psi but its ...

Boost oscillation

hi guys basicly trying to tune my new prodrive/peirburg/tactrix 3 port ebcs my target peak is 20 psi but its over shooting to 22-23 psi than dropping to 17psi then staying around 18-19psi yes my wgdc is all 99.6% but just trynna get 100% thottle right before i tune partial throttle im trying to get quick spool as well as hold whatever i can up top i use to run a mbc but i want ebcs now i know my tables are pretty plain but need to be pointed in the right direction.. does my wgdClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	185233c low down need to be less aggressive?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Based on the tables, 2.0L WRX, but what year? Full modification list?

Your WGDC is outrageous for a 3-port solenoid. Don't take this the wrong way, but a relatively trivial question like this really says to me that you may want to reconsider DIYing the tune. You can get an email tune for $200-300; that's a lot better than a motor rebuild.

That said, if you want to stick with DIY, for your first iteration, don't have a value higher than 60 in the Max table. That should get you closer and you can make adjustments from there.
    Last edited by EJ257; 02-17-2015 at 02:36 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Ive been tuning for quite some time now but always used a mbc ive tuned a couple of my wrxs now and yes i dont want too do a e tune as i want to learn how to do boost tables my wrx is a 02 vf23 hyperflow tmic aps cai avo inlet hitech 3"tbe 565cc blue injectors 3 port ebcs walbro 255 fuel pump should i adjust the turbo dynamics burst and half the highest vale to 1?? So it doesnt add/correct as much

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx96
    Ive been tuning for quite some time now but always used a mbc ive tuned a couple of my wrxs now and yes i dont want too do a e tune as i want to learn how to do boost tables my wrx is a 02 vf23 hyperflow tmic aps cai avo inlet hitech 3"tbe 565cc blue injectors 3 port ebcs walbro 255 fuel pump should i adjust the turbo dynamics burst and half the highest vale to 1?? So it doesnt add/correct as much
    Set your WGDC values to get you in the ballpark of your target boost, then worry about TD tables.
    Last edited by EJ257; 02-17-2015 at 03:01 PM.

UNYSOC

Ok no worries ill set my 100% throttle to all 50% and start from there tonight ill adjust up slowly from there hopefully should see a smother curve

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok no worries ill set my 100% throttle to all 50% and start from there tonight ill adjust up slowly from there hopefully should see a smother curve
    Start at 60. No value in your Max WGDC should be > that at first. Unless you've adjusted min WGDC (43.5), setting it to 50 only leaves you a very small window.

From your previous post, the way I'm reading your end game is that only real change you've got going on here is you're going from MBC to EBCS control. You already have ignition advance and AFRs dialed in from a previous MBC tune where you want for the desired boost level, and you're just looking for the ability to utilize the safety measures in place for the solenoid (e.g., boost cut, IAT compensation tables, etc.)?
    Last edited by EJ257; 02-17-2015 at 03:08 PM.

UNYSOC

Correct and overall better boost control iat compensation is probs the best one i need due to australian weather differing alot one day run 20 psi till certain rpm and another 22 when its colder

I Support ClubWRX
    Correct and overall better boost control iat compensation is probs the best one i need due to australian weather differing alot one day run 20 psi till certain rpm and another 22 when its colder
    Then absolutely start with a more aggressive WGDC to get you closer off the start.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    What you could try (as a starting point)...

I have not included a reflective boost table to go with that Max WGDC because I am not familiar enough with ADM cars and the VF23 turbo. What I can say about your current table is that you probably should edit it to follow the natural boost taper you saw when in MBC mode. No sense targeting 19-20PSI @ redline if your car can only typically produce 13-15. If the turbo will naturally taper, I reflect that in my boost target table (go back to your MBC logs and make sure that Target Boost is reflective of that). If you're going EBCS for better boost control, that is one thing you'll want to implement. If you typically tapered to 13-15PSI by redline with the MBC, you don't want the ECU ignoring an overboost in that RPM range to 18+ putting you into untuned load sites.

Another thing you could consider is hybrid boost control setup. You run an MBC and an EBCS in combination. You get the responsiveness and boost control of the MBC, while having the ability to eliminate PTFB and trigger boost cut safety measure via the EBCS. Boost tuning is quite simple with that (set your Max WGDC table up to be progressive as you increase throttle angle); the only thing you have left is WGDC IAT comp tables (which you would have to do with EBCS only anyway) to prevent overboost in the colder weather.
    Last edited by EJ257; 02-17-2015 at 04:51 PM.

UNYSOC

Thanks for that i want to elminate the mbc in genarel because its a defectable item in australia so ill see how i go my old logs would taper to 17.5 by redline im gonna try and make it hold at lease 18 steady hopefully

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.