Subaru WRX Forum banner

Crank up the Wayback Machine - 2002 WRX and Accessport V1.01 - where's the patch?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JoeyJoJo 
#1 ·
Hi all, haven't been on here in a looooooong time, but recently was given an original Accessport V1.01 with Map Manager 1.01. I'd be ready to marry it and get Stage 1 loaded if it had the ACN maps for our crappy gas here in California, but those don't seem to be available anywhere in the original .apm format, just the later .ptb/.ptr V1 file extensions.

There are quite a few posts that provide guidance regarding moving to the .ptb and .ptr file format (from .apm) and it seems I need to find a firmware patch for my V1 that allows it to connect to Map Manager v1.67.

Most of the posts are quite old and suggest contacting Cobb to get the patch, but this doesn't work anymore since Cobb doesn't support the V1. I cannot find any V1 patch on their site and a Google search for Accessport V1 patch comes up dry. An email inquiry to Cobb support produced a suggestion that the V1 was too old, likely to fail, and a new V3 is only remedy (the V1 was used exactly twice - in 2002 to install Stage 1 on the previous owner's car, and a second time in 2006 to unmarry it - perfect condition, kept in original box in a closet since then).

In lieu of doing something I would have already done if I had the money, does anybody have an alternative source or maybe happen to have this old patch? Alternatively, are ACN maps in .apm format available somewhere?

If not, it's a pretty cool paperweight I guess.:cool:

THANKS!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.