Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 wrx cvt limited

9K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  13WRXlimited 
#1 ·
Yes, I bought a wrx with a cvt because I am married. Happy wife, happy life. I'm not going to teach my impatient wife how to drive a stick on a brand new wrx.

What can you do to a cvt to improve the 0 to 60 time? What can you do to a cvt to make the car perform better in general?

#4 ·
I would have gone the same route for my wife. She's now able to comfortably drive my WRX now and loves it. She even suggested she'd like to get the new 15'. Even though I know she can drive a manual, I'd go with a CVT as well. Congrats! As far as 0-60 increase, I would also say that Cobb's AP would be the best bang for you buck. Also maybe some lighter wheels, Enkei's RPF1's typically weight about 15 lbs!

#9 ·
Cobb is working on the AP for us cvt guys. They have had great success with it on their forester thus far. The best way to get 0-60 times down will be through the accessport since it will also function as a TCU tuner...it will most likely have a launch control setting which will help reduce 0-60 times greatly.

#12 ·
you can get a ECUtek pro tune. they have a lot of OTS maps and you can do custom tune as well. CVT or not. I'm looking at doing mishimoto intake and tuning with stage 1. maybe later doing the turbo back with stage 2. lol don't wanna get to deep over my head with problems. trying to keep it somewhat simple

#13 ·
Hey I'm mostly on NAISOC but I'll throw some stuff in here... I have a 2015 CVT and have autocrossed it 4x... I love it except yeah it could be faster but mostly the "Launch-Control" sucks and 0-60 is basically 5.8secs ... I am planning on the Cobb OTS Stage 1 tune eventually in the shorter time frame and a protune in the future... brentuning and AMS Performance have some nice gains over the Cobb OTS Stage 1 map... not sure about 0-60 improving much since I am probably not going to do any "Launch-Control" launches once tuned since I am very worried about the reliability of the transmission... I will wait till I start rolling then give it full throttle... Also just to note... the JDM 2015 WRX S4 has 296hp and 295tq 28 more HP and 37 more TQ... and it only comes in CVT and as far as anyone can tell its the same transmission... These numbers are VERY similar to what a Cobb Stage 1 OTS tune numbers look like... I have been searching for 0-60mph reviews on that car but there is no info online... look for any info on that and that will most likely be the 0-60's after a Cobb Stage 1 OTS tune...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.