Subaru WRX Forum banner

help tuning 2002 subaru wrx

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SD_GR 
#1 ·
Hey

So I just finished modifications on a 2002 subaru wrx and I am at the point where I need some help with tuning. I have a cobb accessport and possibly looking for someone to help with pro tuning if possible.

I have installed:

hks ssqv bov with recirc fitting
walbro 255 fuel pump
spt intake
turbo xs FMIC
vf-39 turbo
sti pinks
wideband sensor

any help would be much appreciated thank you much.

#2 ·
From my basic knowlede, your going to need to start by calibrating your new injectors, then your intake,(remember that calibrating and tuning are different things) then dealing with the other mods. (probably by setting up desired target boosts, then tuning for WGDC, fueling and then possibly timing etc. I think the best way to do this though, would be to install one mod at a time, calibrate, then install the next mod to elimnate extra variables. So I think injectors and pump first, calibrate, intake, calibrate, turbo and fmic, tune, and then bov. Trying to tune it all at once probably cause tons of frustration.

Also, the lack of a downpipe mod may screw with your tune.

I would wait for someone else to come along and confirm this, or tell you that I dont know what im talking about, and dont listen to me :p.

#3 ·
It looks like you are going to need a custom map as I don't think the off the shelf maps cover your selection of parts. So step 1 is to check the off the shelf maps and confirm my suspicion. If I'm correct, your next step is to get a custom tune, OR to remove parts until you can conform to an off the shelf map. A custom solution will almost certainly yield better results regardless, provided it is done competently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.