help - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on help within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by mofeel ok, thanks guys. i'll try to find another tuner. any suggestions? im in central city, ky. ...

Quote Originally Posted by mofeel View Post
    ok, thanks guys. i'll try to find another tuner. any suggestions? im in central city, ky. everyone tells me dk goodrich but i dont wanna drive all the way to frankfort ky. thats a bit of a drive.
    If you're content with road tuning (vs. dyno tuning) you could always go with an e-tuner. But you'll need some way to flash maps to your car (i.e., Cobb Accessport, Tactrix/RomRaider). If that's an option for you, I recommend Eric at Torqued Performance. He tuned my car and I've been pleased with the results. You could also support the local community and go with WTF Tuning.

If that's not an option then I can't offer any advice. I'm not in KY - you might check the regional forums here and see if you get recommendations.
    2002 OBP WRX - Stage II - "Black Betty"
    1987 Subaru GL Wagon - Stock - "Mr. Ratburn" - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea, i'll do some searching for some close tuners, and look at their reviews as well. just getting so many answers right now, gets really confusing. makes me think on it to much.

yea he used the tactrix and romraider to tune the car. hell i'd get the stuff if there was a tuning for dummies lmao.

Are those your only mods? The TGV and y pipe?
    Your tuner might be a few fries short of a happy meal if he says 10psi is normal.

100% fuel pump duty cycle is normal at wide open throttle. 90% IDC a bit high for everything else stock.

I would suggest going back to the stock tune and dianoise the boost issue from there.
    So, first how are you loading the map? Send us your STOCK map, or do a google search for one. Link it here(because I'm too lazy to look for you). We can get rid of the CEL for the TGV since TGV don't need anything besides a CEL delete and the Y-pipe should work fine on a stock tune.

Since you mentioned you messed with the restrictor pill, I suggest replacing the entire t fitting assembly with new hoses and put the restrictor pill back in place. Use this diagram for a visual.
    http://forums.trinituner.com/upload/...ulletinrk2.jpg

Now, back to pretending to work.

yea thats the only mods besides a tbe. and the cel doesnt work either. dont know if its the bulb or if the p.o. cut the wires.

everyone tells me he knows his stuff. and i dont have the equipment to load maps or anything like that.

as far as a stock map. idk what to look for. this was my first time ever tuning. i'm still a newb.

Yeah,... TBE = Stage 2.
    You should have a bit more boost than 10psi. The guy's a little off.
    Being a 2003, you can get away with a TBE on the stock tune.
    Tell the guy to put back the stock map. Heres a link:
    RomRaider • View topic - Stock ROM List

Buy a tuning solution, or borrow one. Tactrix 1.3 or 2.0 is my suggestions. But some people here like Cobb Accessports. With the CEL not working there may be other problems.
    A tactrix cable or Accessport can pull CEL codes.

Yea I'll look into buying a tuning solution. May try tuning myself if it's not to complicated. Thanks for your help.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mofeel View Post
    well i talked to him and he said all the wrx's he has tuned as been around 7psi. also told me i could just get a walbro 255 and he could put me at the target boost with no need for the pill.
    You need to find a new tuner. The 2.0L WRX's were running 13.5psi from the factory peak boost tapering to 6psi at redline. Yes you need the pill if you are running the stock BCS.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

ok. im about to order the pill and a new fuel pump and get it re-tuned. possibly put on the agency power header and up-pipe that came with the car as well. before the tune.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.