2009 WRX AP trouble… Car Runs Terrible
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX AP trouble… Car Runs Terrible within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently bought the Accessport from cobb this week. The first day I got the AP(thursday) I put on the ...

2009 WRX AP trouble… Car Runs Terrible

I recently bought the Accessport from cobb this week. The first day I got the AP(thursday) I put on the stage 1 map(I have nothing but a SPT exhaust at this point). The car ran fantastic. This morning I put on the Cobb down pipe with the Highflow cat and realtime tuned it to the stage 2. I took it for a spin and it wouldn't build boost past 3 to 4k in 3 gear on. Then I thought I messed it up because i was suppose to reflash instead of the realtime. So I went ahead and reflashed the car to the stage 2 tune again. Same problem still occurred, so i uninstalled the accessport and left the downpipe on. It still doesn't build boost past 3 to 4k and the car stalls sometimes if I pop the car out of gear. NEED HELP…. not sure what is going on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the aftermarket downpipe is still on the car, keep the stage 2 map on the ecu.

Then, can you do a few full throttle pulls in 3rd gear while logging IAM (DAM?), boost, FBKC, FLKC, RPM, MAF (g/s), wastegate duty cycle. If you share the logs with us, we may be able to tell you something. Although, you may have to drive around for a bit to get the IAM back up.
    David - '05 WRX

Without looking at the car for myself it sounds like you may have an air leak somewhere. Check every single vacuum line, pcv valve, throttle body, turbo inlet..everytjing. best place to start
    Stinkeye member 520

Let me restate… it builds boost to a point and then stops after 3,500 to 4,000… even shakes at times. This is now with the Stage 2 map back on. It will not allow me to pull all the way through 3rd gear without shaking or not allowing over 3,500 to 4,000. I will try to get the log on here so you guys can look at it.

Can you tell me how to upload the datalog?

do you use google drive? That is what I use to share. In google drive's online terminal, you can find an option to share if someone has the link; as long as you make the file public, then we can see it.
    David - '05 WRX

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    First look for any cels. It sounds like limp home/safe mode but it should be flashing lights. You can check the IAM with the access port without driving - that would be helpful if you could get back to us on what that says so we can start.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

There has to be an air leak some where. Check intercooler to throttle body hose and any other vacuum connections.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Thanks for everyones help... It ended up being a leak, the tube blew off the throttle body.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.