2003 WRX automatic - chip/something for maximizing engine performance

This is a discussion on 2003 WRX automatic - chip/something for maximizing engine performance within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2003 WRX automatic with 56,000 original miles - no life. Only aftermarket is a K&N air filter. ...

2003 WRX automatic - chip/something for maximizing engine performance

I have a 2003 WRX automatic with 56,000 original miles - no life. Only aftermarket is a K&N air filter. I don't plan on modifying the exhaust or anything else, just looking to know what chip/programmer I can buy to maximize the factory cars performance to its max.
    Also, I'm going to have to replace the factory suspension/stock before the next Michigan winter. Looking for the best price/suggestions for that.
    Last thing, wondering if anyone could tell me the stats for a stock 2003 WRX automatic, 0-60, and top speed? Subaru industries wouldn't answer that question for me and all the magazines test manual transmissions.
    Any help/info would be appreciated. I'm sure it's been posted before, but trying to run that down takes time.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXAUTO 03 View Post
    I'm sure it's been posted before, but trying to run that down takes time.
    Yes, and not reading the stickies wastes other people's time. These threads will answer all your tuning questions:

Engine Management: Overview. **READ FIRST**

First Modifications - what to do and not to do

You can also check out my bugeye build link from my signature. I had a Stage 1 tune for quite a while.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth