2014 WRX Cobb AP Stage 2
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX Cobb AP Stage 2 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I am new to the forums, I bought a 14 wrx with a SPT cat back just for the ...

2014 WRX Cobb AP Stage 2

Hi,
    I am new to the forums, I bought a 14 wrx with a SPT cat back just for the sound. Now I want to get the Cobb AP and am wondering if it is smarter to just get a catted downpipe along with the AP and would that be fine for stage 2? Or do I have to get a Cold Air intake to make it to stage 2? Basically I'm looking for the best option for the money because alot of people are saying the stock air box is excellent

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

All you need is a downpipe to go stage 2. The AP maps are designed for a catted downpipe. You don't need a intake for the stage 2 tune but if you get one make sure you use the stage 2+cobb or aem intake

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronw9 View Post
    All you need is a downpipe to go stage 2. The AP maps are designed for a catted downpipe. You don't need a intake for the stage 2 tune but if you get one make sure you use the stage 2+cobb or aem intake
    Ok thanks for your help, so is there a map for just catted downpipe with a cat back exhaust? Also would Cold Air Intake AP map be more noticeable power gain than the catted downpipe AP map?

Quote Originally Posted by Jboulay View Post
    Ok thanks for your help, so is there a map for just catted downpipe with a cat back exhaust? Also would Cold Air Intake AP map be more noticeable power gain than the catted downpipe AP map?
    A catback exhaust doesn't require a tune so it doesn't matter whether you have a catback or not. You can use the stage 2 tune either way. The catback does help the exhaust flow smoother and give you that nice boxer rumble.

An intake won't provide any noticible power. There will be a slight increase in throttle response and you will hear the suction of the intake and the turbo spool will be noticible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronw9 View Post
    A catback exhaust doesn't require a tune so it doesn't matter whether you have a catback or not. You can use the stage 2 tune either way. The catback does help the exhaust flow smoother and give you that nice boxer rumble.

An intake won't provide any noticible power. There will be a slight increase in throttle response and you will hear the suction of the intake and the turbo spool will be noticible.
    Ok cool. There will be more noticeable power from the downpipe AP it sounds like

So I'm getting close to ordering everything I need for Stage2, after talking with Cobb they said I would need the cobb air intake to go stage 2 and get the full potential but I have been reading some mixed reviews about this. Can anyone drop some knowledge on whether I need a cold air intake for the cobb Ap stage 2? Can I just use the stock one or can I get a cheaper one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jboulay View Post
    So I'm getting close to ordering everything I need for Stage2, after talking with Cobb they said I would need the cobb air intake to go stage 2 and get the full potential but I have been reading some mixed reviews about this.
    You do NOT need a intake for stage 2. However if you get one you should get either cobb or aem because those are the intakes that are confirmed to work with the AP maps.
    The stock intake is very good on our cars. Most people get an intake for the sound. It does not provide much for performance except in higher horsepower cars with large turbos.

If you do get one make sure to run the stage 2+ cobb sf intake map.

Ok thanks Aaron. i like the sound of starting out without an intake and then add one later when i save up more and load the map for it

Glad I could help. Enjoy your new power!!
    I will be doing the same stage 2 AP tune as well when I get home. Can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.