Best Stage 2 Maps for WRX '13
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Best Stage 2 Maps for WRX '13 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just bought accessport v003 with intake. Should I keep the Cobb stage 2 stock map or you got a better ...

Best Stage 2 Maps for WRX '13

Just bought accessport v003 with intake. Should I keep the Cobb stage 2 stock map or you got a better suggestion. Don't have the exhaust though so I can't go too high. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would go with whatever maps Cobb provides, so long as you have a Cobb intake. If you have a different intake then you will need to get the map for the specific intake from said intakes maker. Otherwise your only other option is to pay a professional tuner to build a map for you specific to your car (protune).
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Got someone who can help me with that to program it. I've got a k&n typhoon intake, supposed to be more performant that the stock Cobb one. Can't wait to hear the sound of that!

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know anyone with a K&N on a WRX
    The ones I hear most about are the Cobb ( I have the Cobb) and A&E the Cobb tuner supports both.
    You need to be careful that you have the right tune for intake your using.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Eric at Torqued Performance has maps for the K&N

Torqued Performance

2011 SWP Sedan

Tuned by Keenan @ All Aspects Motorsports / 322WHP / 330 ft/lbs TQ
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...swp-sedan.html

You're running a Stage 2 map without a downpipe? Is that recommended?

Flash to a stage 1 map if you still have the stock downpipe

Stage 2 is meant to be used with an aftermarket down pipe. You can use stage 1 with stock, Cobb or AEM intake.

With a KN intake you need either a pro tune, or an e tune from someone who has tuned a KN intake.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

K&n typhoon intake renders the same ways that the Cobb one and managed to tune in over the phone with local tuner. Even confirmed that you can run stage 2 without aftermarket exhaust, just have to be careful though. Thanks for yor help guys

I Support ClubWRX
    You can't run a stage 2 map with the stock downpipe. Stage 2 is by definition an aftermarket down pipe with the appropriate tune.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SimPar View Post
    K&n typhoon intake renders the same ways that the Cobb one
    uhhhhhhhhh.....NOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by SimPar View Post
    Even confirmed that you can run stage 2 without aftermarket exhaust, just have to be careful though. Thanks for yor help guys
    wrong.

you can do some damage to engine internals running a stage 2 map with stock exhaust!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.