Dual Mode Tuning?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dual Mode Tuning? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, First post here. I searched the threads to see if I could find an answer to my question but ...

Dual Mode Tuning?

Hello,
    First post here. I searched the threads to see if I could find an answer to my question but couldn't.

I own a 2014 STI and am starting to do mods. Is there a way to tune a car for two different modes that can be switched/interchanged? For instance, say I am on the way to work, I want fuel economy, so I "flip the switch" to "fuel economy mode." Say then it is Saturday morning and I am out for a drive and running some errands, I want to "flip the switch" again to "performance mode." In other words, can I get a car tuned to have two different modes of function when desired?

If it is at all relevant, I would be paying for someone else to do all the work for me. I would not do it on my own.

Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Your car actually already has that. It is the SI-Drive function. And yes. I have my stage 2 tune on my sport sharp setting. Then my I setting and sport setting are more tame. To be honest though, I am never not on the sport sharp setting. It just feels weird to not have the quick throttle response.

An accessport allows you to load different maps to your car when you choose.

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Your car actually already has that. It is the SI-Drive function. And yes. I have my stage 2 tune on my sport sharp setting. Then my I setting and sport setting are more tame. To be honest though, I am never not on the sport sharp setting. It just feels weird to not have the quick throttle response.

I also have an AP tuner, I have the ability to switch from my 2 protune maps, to fuel Econ mode or vallet mode.
    But like 11blackSTI said he doesn't switch them and I don't either. I'm always on one of my custom tune maps. When winter comes I am going to have a third map made just for driving in the cold. So Jim34 I would start with Aap tuner. You can always adjust maps to suit your needs for different conditions. And if you go to a pro tuner and get custom maps to match mods you will see a big difference. And you will be glad you did it
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    A good tune set up for performance should also be about the best tune to use for economy as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes. And every car is different, as are most peoples modifications. Ots maps work well I have used them for years in other cars. The best result was a full Dynotune based on specific mods I have as well as a pre set up for future expansion. Either way protune or OTS maps, data logging is key to monitor performance.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    A fuel economy map is a sham; all it does is neuter the car such that if you need the power to get out of a dangerous situation, you're SOL.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    A fuel economy map is a sham; all it does is neuter the car such that if you need the power to get out of a dangerous situation, you're SOL.

I have never actually used it. I really only run my 2 protune maps, but I definitely see your point. The last thing you need is no get up and go when you need it most. And you being a tuner, I personally will take your word for it.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

Thank you so much for clarifying guys! I really appreciate it. I can see what you mean about the economy tuning being a waste and safety hazard.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.