Launch control remap
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Launch control remap within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys I'm new to the forum and looking for some Information on launch control and a remap. I've been ...

Launch control remap

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and looking for some Information on launch control and a remap. I've been quoted to have it done by a local company but I'm not sure if launch control is worth it ?

The car is driven mainly at weekends ect.

Here's a pic of her

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I forgot to mention one big factor the car has a gt30r turbo fitted. Hence the remap needed. I've been told by my local tuner super nova that the remap will take it to around 400bhp but they won't know until they run it up on the rolling road.

If you have an AP, the Launch Control is free of charge.

If you are doing Open Source, I have no idea.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Whats an ap ? Launch control cost wise is not too bad around 150 on top of the remap and dyno time. I'm more interested to see if it's worth having or not whole I'm getting it tuned.

Just so not to confuse anyone I'm having the factory ecu remapped not a standalone remap.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gary.le132 View Post
    Whats an ap ? Launch control cost wise is not too bad around 150 on top of the remap and dyno time. I'm more interested to see if it's worth having or not whole I'm getting it tuned.
    You are getting ripped off. Launch Control is a free patch to the stock ROM. Pretty easy to do if you are halfway computer savvy and can follow instructions.

chROM (Powered by CubeCart)
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Google cobb tuning access port(AP). It will allow for launch control and remapping your ecu. it even comes with some ots(off the shelf) tunes, but your better off with a pro tune.

I'll leave it to the pros I don't want to break it..... seems to risky for me.

AP is short for Cobb Accessport.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Hi guys I've had great results from my mapping session, really happy with the power made a few changes from run one to the last run I thing it spot on now . I cant recommend super nova enough from my first phone call the all the work they have put in anyone based in norfolk it's a must, check them out http:// www.sntuning.com the car is now making 402 bhp woth low boost had a few problems with lambda reading but it was a dodgy sensor.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.