Subaru wrx 2002 problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru wrx 2002 problems within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i bought this wrx and when i got it it had a bad motor dead cylinder it also cut ...

Subaru wrx 2002 problems

so i bought this wrx and when i got it it had a bad motor dead cylinder it also cut out at 4000 rpms, so i got a used motor with 47000 miles at 180 psi for compression, installed it and put a new clutch and everything worked great started up fine, but it still cuts out, when going in any gear i can go to 7000 rpms if i dont hit any boost and stay in vacuum but right when i hit boost it cuts out at 4000rpm. so is that a tune? im going to try to flash the ecu and see what that does! any advice will be great.
    ----only mods are
    -catless pipes
    -turbo smart boost controller set at 1 bar- stock psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What spark plugs are you running? Do you have a way of data logging the car? Check the grounding in the engine bay.. if everything else seems mechanically good, you could have a bad coilpack, or bad crank or cam position sensor. I had a problem where my car would cut out with any boost over 15psi, and it turned out I had a bad coilpack and I think the weak spark was being blown out under boost.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.