Subaru wrx 2002 problems

This is a discussion on Subaru wrx 2002 problems within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i bought this wrx and when i got it it had a bad motor dead cylinder it also cut ...

Subaru wrx 2002 problems

so i bought this wrx and when i got it it had a bad motor dead cylinder it also cut out at 4000 rpms, so i got a used motor with 47000 miles at 180 psi for compression, installed it and put a new clutch and everything worked great started up fine, but it still cuts out, when going in any gear i can go to 7000 rpms if i dont hit any boost and stay in vacuum but right when i hit boost it cuts out at 4000rpm. so is that a tune? im going to try to flash the ecu and see what that does! any advice will be great.
    ----only mods are
    -catless pipes
    -turbo smart boost controller set at 1 bar- stock psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What spark plugs are you running? Do you have a way of data logging the car? Check the grounding in the engine bay.. if everything else seems mechanically good, you could have a bad coilpack, or bad crank or cam position sensor. I had a problem where my car would cut out with any boost over 15psi, and it turned out I had a bad coilpack and I think the weak spark was being blown out under boost.