Help with Rom Raider logger please

This is a discussion on Help with Rom Raider logger please within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi I have been trying to run the logger on my 2013 WRX but when I hit the defogger switch ...

Help with Rom Raider logger please

Hi I have been trying to run the logger on my 2013 WRX but when I hit the defogger switch to start the logger continuously flashes between connecting and reading in the top right corner. I also see a message flashing at the bottom of the logger that says in red font"java.io filenotfound". I have been searching the net trying to find some info but have not come across anything. Does anyone know whats up? Im running Rom Raider on windows 7 and ecuflash works fine. I had just installed Tourqued Performance stage 1 map and I need to get some logs to send over to them to have a look. Thanx in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The switch between connecting (sending the ECU init bytes) and reading (asking for logging parameters to be returned) happens when no response to the data polling occurs (at least, in my experience).

The fact that you get a response (to the ECU init call, leading to a connected state) suggests that the connection is being made.. do you have up to date logger definitions?

Just to ask dumb things, you've got 32 bit java, right? Maybe the program is having trouble finding or creating the file which it is trying to log to (there's a setting to choose logging file location)?

If you press the software button to begin logging, do you get the same result?
    David - '05 WRX

I have the latest version of java with all older versions deleted...32 bit I assume it is whatever version I was directed to when I installed Rom raider. I just tried moving my logger and log files to another location because I had them both in the same directory as I had them in the Rom raider directory before. I'll try it again keep u posted.it might work because I needed administrator permission to put files in the Rom raider directory....u gave me the idea with your post thanx again. I'll check it out later today.

I think you may have it there... the installation of logger definitions requires placing the file in the /Program Files/Romraider folder and then telling the logger program where to look (under settings, direct the program to the logger folder). You can check which definitions it is using by going to the "help" / about menu.
    David - '05 WRX

Ok so I got some logs done..seems that the log file folder can not be in the same directory as Rom raider..administrator permission stops the logs from being saved if the log folder is in the Rom raider directory. Now I'm having a problem with my ecu def when I try and load the data in the editor..I gotta do more searching instead of asking to be spoon fed the info lol...thx again for your help I'm new to Subaru (obviously )just got my 2013 WRX moved on up from Honda.

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you read the Romraider FAQ's? Anything Vista and higher you need to install the software under administrator rights.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S