catted dp vs catless dp tune?

This is a discussion on catted dp vs catless dp tune? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is it possible to tune for a catted dp when you have a catless installed. Would the tuner be able ...

catted dp vs catless dp tune?

Is it possible to tune for a catted dp when you have a catless installed. Would the tuner be able to tell the difference during the tunning process and adjust accordingly or does it not matter? I have gotten a pro tune recently and on the Dyno sheet it said catted downpipe when I was running catless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No.....
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

He could have tuned for the cat less and just forgot to change the writing. Call/go in and clear it up.

What year is your wrx?

That's what I figured. Just wanted to get some input before I ask a possibly very stupid question

Quote Originally Posted by disqimation View Post
    He could have tuned for the cat less and just forgot to change the writing. Call/go in and clear it up.

What year is your wrx?

It's a 14

He probably tuned for the catless, these guys are pros and I doubt they would let a car go without having the right numbers coming out of it.

What other mods do you have? Is your turbo ported? It should be since you're catless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If the car has a catless downpipe on it, you wouldn't be able to tune it for catted, and vice verse.

I contacted my tuner bill knose. All is well and running strong. Thanks for the replies

Talk to your tuner about turbo porting, this model wrx is known to have problems with the cat less dp. Porting the turbo fixes this.