Aftermarket recirculation hose source
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Aftermarket recirculation hose source within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just installed an aftermarket hose from intercooler to throttle body. I did this due to a boost leak. The recirculation ...

Aftermarket recirculation hose source

Just installed an aftermarket hose from intercooler to throttle body. I did this due to a boost leak. The recirculation hose that connects to the factory bpv was short. I stretched it and was able to clamp it, but there is tension on it. The intercooler support bracket on the drivers side no longer bolts up either, because this hose is longer than factory.

Car no longer has a leak. Got a po244 over boost/waste gate code on the test drive following installation of the hose. I did a search and see others have had this problem as well.

My question is, does anybody know of a company making a longer and or heavier duty recirculation hose to replace the cheap factory plastic hose?

Thank you.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mishimoto's silicone throttle body hose is a must if you are gonna run the stock TMIC it is fairly cheap $55ish and can handle all the boost you push through it but it is out of stock on RSD last time I checked.

Did you check the fitment of the hose you got because they only fit a certain way and it will seem like it fits but could be wrong if the support bracket doesn't match up.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I got a different brand hose. It is longer than stock, so it pushes the intercooler closer to the firewall. Rotation is correct.

I just need a longer recirculation hose.

I can modify or make my own bracket.

Thank you.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

I Support ClubWRX
    What band hose? Also pics of the install or did you go back to the stock set up?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    He's talking about the recirc hose that connects to the intake, not the TB hose.

I ordered a generic hose off of Summit Racing for mine.. I had a similar issue, the stock hose was too short, and it ended up kinked because of the tension on it. The hose I ordered was reinforced with steel on the inside, so it will bend, but not collapse.

I Support ClubWRX
    I understand what he is talking about. I replaced my TB hose and it was longer then stock I was wondering if he had a similar situation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

It was a Tomioka Racing intercooler to throttle body hose.

I will take some pics of the intercooler as it sits tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.