Any way to look at "Base Map" on an Accessport?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Any way to look at "Base Map" on an Accessport? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all! First post here. I ask because I'm deciding whether or not I should get rid of my accessport. ...

Any way to look at "Base Map" on an Accessport?

Hey all! First post here.

I ask because I'm deciding whether or not I should get rid of my accessport. Its for my '05 WRX with a short ram intake, TurboXS down pipe, and an up pipe that I'm not sure of, but it doesn't look stock. It also has a TBE (unsure of brand as well) and from what I was told it's catless.

I purchased the AP a few months ago because I wasn't sure if the car was tuned for the mods or not, and the dealer I purchased it from didn't know either. AND to top it all off the set up used to be a hybrid EJ25wEJ20 heads set up. I have since gotten an EJ20 put back in to be safe.

After flashing to the stage 2 california gas map the car didn't run as well, it feels a bit more sluggish, and my MPG went down about 5mpg. I checked the ECU and found out that it was tuned out in AZ, I called the shop but without the owners name that got it tuned at the time they couldn't help me.

SO, to get to the point, I want to know if I can see if the "Base Map" is suitable for the mods I have, I want to sell my AP and when the time comes for me to do more upgrades, I'm going to get a pro tune.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You can load the map into ATR and look at it if you want.. but that's not going to tell you how it runs on your car. To figure that out you're going to need to log.

What is ATR?

as for logging, I'm inexperienced with that, but I am willing. Which selections would I need to log? I will do so today and post.

Ty, I'll watch that once I get out of work (no speakers)

as for data logging the Base Map, how would I go about doing that? Won't the AP only log a vehicle that it's married to?

Yes.. you load the appropriate map onto your car (follow the map notes), and log. There's no way to see how a map is running on your car without.. running it on your car. Maybe I'm not following your question?

What are you referring to as the "Base Map"? Every map that comes on the AP is a base map..

Maybe not. I mean, say I load the stage 2 map (as required with my upgrades per the AP's map notes) and I run a log.

how will I then log the "Stock" or "Base Map" that was previously on it before the AP installed? IIRC I can't load the old map on my car unless I unmarry the AP, and at that point I lose the ability to log.

Oh, I thought a base map was the map that was on the car prior to the AP install.

I've never actually used an AP, so I'm not positive.. but can you not just install the AP without flashing to a different map, and then log?

As far as I know, no. It makes me pick a map during the install process. I will do some more fiddling with the AP when I get home. Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.