07 sti Not reaching target boost

This is a discussion on 07 sti Not reaching target boost within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I come to you once again with a problem. I'll just get right to it: I have noticed the ...

07 sti Not reaching target boost

So I come to you once again with a problem. I'll just get right to it: I have noticed the past couple of weeks that my car isn't hitting the boost that it used to. I have always been able to easily kick it to 15 psi and max at 19-20. Now, I can crank it to 10 psi and after that I have to really bust it out in 3rd or 4th to get it to 16. I saw on my AP that I hit 17.2 or so, but I was taking it full throttle to 7000rpm every shift to 5th gear. In the past I have been able to easily get 19-20 even over boosting at 21. Also, when I say I used to easily get it to 15 psi, I mean that now with the same throttle down I'm only getting that 10 psi instead.

The only thing I have done different that I can think of, since it started, was put 93 OCT in her. I think thats when it started, because that was about two weeks ago.

Specs:
    TurboXS TBE
    Injen CAI
    Stage 2 93oct OTS
    88k miles

Any thoughts on what it could be and what I should do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Check under the hood for boost leaks. Look at the intercooler connections. If you can't find anything obvious then get a leak test done. It is not the gas.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're running the Cobb map, what is boost target?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Creativename01 View Post
    The only thing I have done different that I can think of, since it started, was put 93 OCT in her.
    What fuel were you using before? I would do a boost leak test,clean the MAF and datalog the car. Is the CObb map you are using specifically for the Injen intake?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    If you're running the Cobb map, what is boost target?
    Target boost is 19.3. Like I said, I was over boosting before at 20 and 21. Can't even get past 17.5, and thats trying really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    What fuel were you using before? I would do a boost leak test,clean the MAF and datalog the car. Is the CObb map you are using specifically for the Injen intake?
    I was using 91. Cleaned the MAF and it changed nothing. The map is not specifically for the intake, but I have had no problems with it for months until now

I Support ClubWRX
    Datalog the car
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Injen intake is notorious for being a major piece of ****.

Also have you tried the HWG Stage 2 map?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying