Deleting Engine Trouble Codes

This is a discussion on Deleting Engine Trouble Codes within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an '07 WRX and am mainly interested in deleting trouble codes associated with the secondary air injection system. ...

Deleting Engine Trouble Codes

I have an '07 WRX and am mainly interested in deleting trouble codes associated with the secondary air injection system. Mine has failed some time ago and I will be deleting the system soon. I am very mechanical but am inexperienced with any kind of electronic tuning.

I am planning to buy the Tactrix 2.0 and am curious if it is better to use their ECUFlash software or to use RomRaider? Again, I am mainly interested in Deleting the DTCs. I will eventually do some very basic tuning as I will do some minor upgrades to some of the hard parts, but will likely use off-the-shelf type maps...and possibly buy the Cobb v3 down the road (when I can afford it).

Thank you for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I use ECUFlash to read/write, and RomRaider to edit. Disabling DTCs is super easy, just go to where the code is in the map and turn it off.

Thanks a lot. So the different software can be used in conjunction? Didn't expect that. I guess I need to just download them and start looking around and playing with it a little...then go a head and order the Tactrix.

Will there be any issues if I later go with an Accessport? I thought I read somewhere that they don't get along with ECUs that have been tuned by other software.

Thanks

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've never heard of problems.. other than trying to use it on an ECU that has been locked with ECUTek, or one that is still married to another AP..

Cool. Tanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRDDOG
    I am planning to buy the Tactrix 2.0 and am curious if it is better to use their ECUFlash software or to use RomRaider?
    Personal preference...

Generally, I only use ECUFlash for reading/writing to the ECU, and do all of my edits in Romraider. Personally, I prefer the look/feel of it when modifying tables. I will use ECUFlash for the graphing function, to double-check, and possibly make some minor edits, but for the most part, table editing is Romraider.

With this situation, however, I would probably just use ECUFlash for disabling the DTCs, since it's already got the map opened. No point in opening another program, opening the read image, editing it, saving it, and reloading it in ECUFlash; seems like a waste of time to me.