AP boost gauge accuracy

This is a discussion on AP boost gauge accuracy within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, about a month ago I went stage 2 (mods in signature) and used the stage 2 93 octane ...

AP boost gauge accuracy

Hey all, about a month ago I went stage 2 (mods in signature) and used the stage 2 93 octane map from perrin for their cai. All in all the car feels great, but im worried that i may be overboosting a bit. I had a prosport mechanical boost gauge, which i removed a couple months ago bc i could not get it to zero out and feel it was very inaccurate. So I have been using the boost gauge on the AP to monitor boost. Now im not sure what the target boost is for my car at stage 2, but i thought it was suppose to be 18.5psi. My car, according to the AP, has hit a peak of as high as 19.87 psi on a 3rd gear pull. Should I be worried at all? Or does this seem to be ok? Im just not sure if the boost readings on the AP are accurate or not. Thanks in advance!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nobody?
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Mine reads very accurate, target boost is 20psi in 3rd gear and I regularly hit between 19.8 and 20.1. I'm not familiar with Perrin's maps, but a stage 2 map with Torqued Performance is 19psi. You might want to check with Perrin and see what your target boost is.

Awesome, good to know. Thanks for the response. So my hitting in the high 19psi is normal for a 3rd gear pull. I talked to perrin and they said that everything sounds fine. I havent sent them any datalogs yet. But i know they said that all they do is take the cobb stage 2 93 octane map and change the maf parameters to their cai.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Also, they is normally a +/- of the target boost that is still considered safe. As stated, look into documentation of the tune, but normally 1.5+/- is considered safe.