RomRaider Maps for my 02 wrx build

This is a discussion on RomRaider Maps for my 02 wrx build within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello there, I am looking for any links to a generic map for RomRaider that will utilize a SRI and ...

Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, United States

RomRaider Maps for my 02 wrx build

Hello there, I am looking for any links to a generic map for RomRaider that will utilize a SRI and a new UpPipe from Grimm. I know that I do not need the SRI, I got it before I actually started doing the research, but I have it now why not use it. I did get the running lean error so I swapped back until I could get a tune to fix that. I got the up pipe after I read that it should be one of the first upgrades because of that stupid catalytic converter. Everything else on the car is stock.

I created an account on Osecuroms.org but I have been waiting for my account to get activated... Haven't seen anyone online at all on there so I feel like the site is dead.

If possible a couple different roms would be nice, like a performance one and a mileage one. If there is any other info you need from me, please say and I will try to answer as fast as possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    All of the free maps are right in Romraider's base map section. There is no generic map for an intake. Depending on the make/model of said intake will determine if tuning is needed.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Okay I found the base maps, do I need a tune for an up pipe? also what values should I look at changing to fix the running lean issue with a SRI and how much boost normally can a stock engine take? I want to increase that and get a stage 1 tune so it runs better.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KingAroan View Post
    Okay I found the base maps, do I need a tune for an up pipe? also what values should I look at changing to fix the running lean issue with a SRI and how much boost normally can a stock engine take? I want to increase that and get a stage 1 tune so it runs better.
    You need to adjust the MAF scaling. Honestly if you have to ask this you probaly should not be attempting this on your own. To do it correctly you will need a wideband to scale the openloop part of the MAF scaling. Maybe spend some time learning to datalog and interpret the data from the log first before tuning.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Seeing as I can't get osecuroms, the closest thing I can find for my car with the mods I have would be XPT Stage 2 - 2002 WRX with Launch Control [XPT2E01C] - $52.00 : XPT Tuning, The XPT Tuning Online Store would you be able to see if it would work with my car. I don't mind paying a little bit for a map, I plan on getting a turbo back exhaust with a high flow cat, by the end of the year, then plan on paying for a pro tune. But until then I just need something that works with my car. I think right now I am only getting about 5PSI of boost...

I Support ClubWRX
    I think right now I am only getting about 5PSI of boost...
    You have other issues then going on with your car that a map alone is not going to fix. Stock boost is 14.5psi max.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

hmmmmm then when I get the Tactrix cable I will do the logging and see what it is coming up as. The stock gauge is measured in MPa not PSI. and it usually runs at about .04. What do you think could cause that if there is a problem, that I should look into. Also does adding a Catless up pipe need to be tuned?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    For the boost problem, first thing I would check is your boost control lines and check to see if everything is present and routed correctly. Cobb has a diagram of the Boost control layout on their website.

The up-pipe done by itself dosn't need a tune. But it will throw a CEL.

I Support ClubWRX
    The stock gauge is measured in MPa not PSI. and it usually runs at about .04.
    You just posted that the max psi you were seeing was 5. So was that not correct information? You can easily find a Mpa to psi convertor on Google.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

That is correct, I looked it up again the gauge is hitting right above .04 mpa which is roughly 5 psi.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The gauge says. 04 mpa but when I log it with RomRaider it says right under 12 psi in 2nd, haven't had time to do it in third

Getting warmer...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I'll try third and fourth this weekend

Hard to do on a military post