12WRX, Going to do a Stage 2 tune, what gauges and a good pod(s) does everyone use?

This is a discussion on 12WRX, Going to do a Stage 2 tune, what gauges and a good pod(s) does everyone use? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My intent was to go with the AEM UEGO Boost and A/F Gauge if I install them. I'm guessing getting ...

12WRX, Going to do a Stage 2 tune, what gauges and a good pod(s) does everyone use?

My intent was to go with the AEM UEGO Boost and A/F Gauge if I install them.

I'm guessing getting gauges after doing a tune is a wise thing? Do I really need an A/F Gauge? Or is the Boost Gauge all that is more useful/needed?

Also, what are good gauge pods that can help me achieve the stock OEM dash look and feel? Are there options for a single and double gauge pod that still give the factory look?

Are the Prosport Premium series gauges any good?

This is for a 2012 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2013 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 2.5L Performance Parts at RallySportDirect.com

Here are most of the options out there for pods. SMY seem to be the more popular choice but it all depends on your personal taste.

I personally really like the Prosport gauges. never had an issue with them

You should be all set with just a wideband and a boost gauge. I have never used prosport, but I love my Defi's.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Prosport is kinda cheap. I didn't like mine. Only thing I would get from them is a basic mechanical gauge. It does the job.

It doesn't seem like DEFi makes a wideband however? At least that I've seen. I'd like matching gauges.

I Support ClubWRX
    One gauge: Boost
    Two gauges: Boost / WBO2
    Three gauges: Boost / WBO2 / Oil Temp

Boost: You have a turbocharged vehicle
    WBO2: This can indicate that your car has developed a leak, and will be useful if you need to send your tuner logs down the road
    Oil Temp: You want oil up to operating temperature before hammering on the car. Oil takes ~2X as long to get to temp as coolant

NOTE: If you were DIY tuning, I may suggest EGT over oil temperature.

The only good thing I'll say about Prosport is that they will replace the gauge as many times as it breaks. Personally, the time it takes me to uninstall/reinstall the replacement is worth more than the price difference between a better gauge. I would not install a Prosport gauge on a customers car, for that reason. An inaccurate gauge is worse than no gauge at all...

If you want digital gauges: AEM
    If you want analog gauges: Defi

The two big WBO2 gauges are either AEM or Innovate Motorsports.

Based on what gauges and how many you plan on buying, your pod choices varies.

I actually have the AEM Boost and UEGO WBO2 gauges and an SMY dual gauge pod that I attempted to mount and changed my mind about. Was going to put them up for sale in a week or two when I start cleaning out my storage. PM me if you're interested.