Anybody running a Perrin tune?

This is a discussion on Anybody running a Perrin tune? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all. I just acquired all of my stage 2 parts last week and am installing them next monday when ...

Anybody running a Perrin tune?

Hey all. I just acquired all of my stage 2 parts last week and am installing them next monday when i am off. I got the invidia q300, invidia catted DP, perrin cai, and the v3 AP. Since cobb does not support the perrin cai on their OTS maps i called perrin and they sent me a stage 2 93 octane tune for their CAI.

Has or does anyone currently run one of their maps? If so, how is it? Any known issues or problems with the tune? I talked to Chris from perrin and he said that if I wanted to i could do some datalogging and email them to him so he can look them over to see if there are any adjustments needed. But i figured I would ask the community here for their thoughts or experiences with their perrin tunes.

Thanks in advance.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sell the perrin and buy aem or cobb so u can run cobbs map. Seems like the safest route.

I would really like to keep the perrin intake. I love perrin, I have been dealing personally with them since ive been driving subaru's. So approximately 7 to 8 years and they have always treated me great and have had top notch products. I know they do alot of tuning for subarus and evo's and im sure people out there are running their maps.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Or you can get a protune ?

A protune is in the future. However my tuner said that most of the stage 2 tunes are efficient enough for my current mods. So I think im going to wait until I progress a little further with mods before i get a pro-tune. However, I am considering going through torqued performance, Ive heard nothing but good things about them. Im going to run this tune from perrin for a while though and do some datalogging to make sure everything is ok. If so then i may just leave it until its time for my pro-tune.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

I Support ClubWRX
    I run a perrin stage 2 tune with the perrin CAI and have been for over a year now. I love it. They are good to deal with too. They sent me 3 revisions of the map after I loaded it to zero it in. Good guys to deal with. Chris is pretty responsive.

I run it also, only had it for about 2 weeks. I havent noticed a difference at all between perrin and cobb. My only issue is that sometimes i overboost with both tunes.

Thanks for the replies guys! Thats what i was looking for. And yea, chris is awesome. Everytime i call in to order parts, or ask questions i just always ask to speak with him because he always hooks me up with a bit of a discount. But ill just do some datalogging and send them to him and see what he comes up with. But i have never datalogged before. So that will be a learning experience. Any tips?
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

I Support ClubWRX

Thanks!
    Stink-Eye Mob #301