Anybody running a Perrin tune?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anybody running a Perrin tune? within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all. I just acquired all of my stage 2 parts last week and am installing them next monday when ...

Anybody running a Perrin tune?

Hey all. I just acquired all of my stage 2 parts last week and am installing them next monday when i am off. I got the invidia q300, invidia catted DP, perrin cai, and the v3 AP. Since cobb does not support the perrin cai on their OTS maps i called perrin and they sent me a stage 2 93 octane tune for their CAI.

Has or does anyone currently run one of their maps? If so, how is it? Any known issues or problems with the tune? I talked to Chris from perrin and he said that if I wanted to i could do some datalogging and email them to him so he can look them over to see if there are any adjustments needed. But i figured I would ask the community here for their thoughts or experiences with their perrin tunes.

Thanks in advance.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sell the perrin and buy aem or cobb so u can run cobbs map. Seems like the safest route.

I would really like to keep the perrin intake. I love perrin, I have been dealing personally with them since ive been driving subaru's. So approximately 7 to 8 years and they have always treated me great and have had top notch products. I know they do alot of tuning for subarus and evo's and im sure people out there are running their maps.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Or you can get a protune ?

A protune is in the future. However my tuner said that most of the stage 2 tunes are efficient enough for my current mods. So I think im going to wait until I progress a little further with mods before i get a pro-tune. However, I am considering going through torqued performance, Ive heard nothing but good things about them. Im going to run this tune from perrin for a while though and do some datalogging to make sure everything is ok. If so then i may just leave it until its time for my pro-tune.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

I Support ClubWRX
    I run a perrin stage 2 tune with the perrin CAI and have been for over a year now. I love it. They are good to deal with too. They sent me 3 revisions of the map after I loaded it to zero it in. Good guys to deal with. Chris is pretty responsive.

I run it also, only had it for about 2 weeks. I havent noticed a difference at all between perrin and cobb. My only issue is that sometimes i overboost with both tunes.

Thanks for the replies guys! Thats what i was looking for. And yea, chris is awesome. Everytime i call in to order parts, or ask questions i just always ask to speak with him because he always hooks me up with a bit of a discount. But ill just do some datalogging and send them to him and see what he comes up with. But i have never datalogged before. So that will be a learning experience. Any tips?
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

I Support ClubWRX

Thanks!
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.