Cobb AP V3 error 1014

This is a discussion on Cobb AP V3 error 1014 within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This error indicates that the AP is not compatible with your car, i hope this saves someone time/trouble if you ...

Cobb AP V3 error 1014

This error indicates that the AP is not compatible with your car, i hope this saves someone time/trouble if you run into this issue. You will need to check the AP part number and verify that it matches your make/year/model.
    Last edited by chris410; 03-16-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    Chris
    '14 WRX Crystal Black/SPT CBE/Cobb Stage I

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you maybe pulling V2 maps on or something? Or maybe trying to upload the STi maps using the WRX AP? You are sure you got the right AP for your year car? Sorry to ask obvious sounding questions, but they should install very easily!

Updated in first post.
    Last edited by chris410; 03-16-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    Chris

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd probably delete the maps off and download them again and give it another shot.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
    I figured it out! The issue is the shop sold me the wrong unit, they sold me the AP3-SUB-002 and I need the 003. I'm hoping they will refund me and order me the correct unit. This model is not compatible with my 2014 car.
    I had a feeling it might be that. Glad you figured it out. They should give you a refund

I hope so!!! I will update once I speak to them.

Thanks everyone!!
    Chris

Ok, the shop was easy to deal with, I exchanged the AP 002 for the 003 and was able to flash both cars. Initial impressions are good, the car is more responsive and does pull a bit harder. Overall, it is an improvement and I am happy with the Cobb unit. Next up is gathering some logs just to make sure everything is within acceptable parameters however, the initial drive and monitoring suggests that everything is ok.

Thanks again everyone for the help and I hope this will be helpful if anyone else runs into this error code.
    Chris