HP ans TQ readings from cobbs virtual dyno - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on HP ans TQ readings from cobbs virtual dyno within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The ap is a nice tool but definetly not accurate with the power figures because at one point i did ...

The ap is a nice tool but definetly not accurate with the power figures because at one point i did a fourth gear pull from 2500-6500 and its said 373 hp and 453 torque. I wish i was making these numbers.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I did my first logs yesterday on my 11 WRX on which I just installed a COBB SF intake and accessport with Stage 1+ SF 91 octane map. These were 3rd gear pulls in about 42F weather with a big roof box on. I just guessed at the weight with me in the car but these hp numbers seem pretty low to me for stage 1. The logs were plotted in virtual dyno using and a smoothing level 1 and the dynojet setting (1.09):

The hp seems to start to die off after about 5000rpm whereas usually when I see stage 1 dyno plots or road pulls the peak is usually around 6000rpm. I'm hoping the low power result is just from all the extra drag from the roof box at the higher speeds on a 3rd gear pull (above 70-80mph). Looking back I probably shouldn't have been going so fast with a roof box on haha. The torque curve in the lower rpms/speeds look fairly comparable to other stage 1 plots I've seen though so hopefully the car is running ok. I'll do some more pulls without the roof box in a few days and see if the top end improves to where I'd expect it to be but I welcome anyone's thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by durtydurt View Post
    I did my first logs yesterday on my 11 WRX on which I just installed a COBB SF intake and accessport with Stage 1+ SF 91 octane map. These were 3rd gear pulls in about 42F weather with a big roof box on. I just guessed at the weight with me in the car but these hp numbers seem pretty low to me for stage 1. The logs were plotted in virtual dyno using and a smoothing level 1 and the dynojet setting (1.09):

The hp seems to start to die off after about 5000rpm whereas usually when I see stage 1 dyno plots or road pulls the peak is usually around 6000rpm. I'm hoping the low power result is just from all the extra drag from the roof box at the higher speeds on a 3rd gear pull (above 70-80mph). Looking back I probably shouldn't have been going so fast with a roof box on haha. The torque curve in the lower rpms/speeds look fairly comparable to other stage 1 plots I've seen though so hopefully the car is running ok. I'll do some more pulls without the roof box in a few days and see if the top end improves to where I'd expect it to be but I welcome anyone's thoughts on this.
    Yeah it is low. And your wrx weighs 3255, plus your weight. You should be around 250 and 280 on the dyno jet setting. My S2 2011 made 318 up and 325 awtq on the dyno jet setting. I'm curious as to what's going on.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I took the intake off and did some pulls without the roof box and things look much better. Stock map is red and the green is with running the COBB stage 1 91 octane map. The purple is one of the COBB stage 1+ pulls I did the other day. I guess it was just the drag on the roof box holding back the acceleration in 3rd gear over 60mph and getting worse the higher the speeds got which translated into a plot showing reduced torque, even with a tune with higher boost (it was a little cooler on the more recent pulls as well).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12