Stage 2 Without turbo back
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Without turbo back within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone tried stage 2 tune without a new downpipe or a full turbo back exhaust. I was just curious ...

Stage 2 Without turbo back

Has anyone tried stage 2 tune without a new downpipe or a full turbo back exhaust. I was just curious because of the moneys and looking stock when taken in for routine maintenance at suburu ,well basically so i can put back stock ecu settings if theres a issue and they can't blame the down pipe for warranty purpose.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    An aftermarket down pipe is required for stage 2
    If you wanted to leave your stock downpipe you would have to run a stage 1 tune

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I understand this is what cobb says to use turbo back or down pipe ,I just wondered if someone has tried this since its just loading another program in ,Someone has had to just because it is that easy. I think that it could be loaded and maybe tweaked .Just a thought

I Support ClubWRX
    The whole point of the stage 2 tune is to design the tune to run with a downpipe/turboback. So there would be no reason to run a stage 2 map. Absolutely no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    The whole point of the stage 2 tune is to design the tune to run with a downpipe/turboback. So there would be no reason to run a stage 2 map. Absolutely no reason.

Go ahead and try to load the stage two without a TBE and let me know how that's doing for you when your engine fails...
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Lol what? Just run stage 1 like ^ this guy said

Ok forget it sounds like nobody has tried it ,which I know they have but ,blow up my engine was not my intent I was just asking if anyone has tried it and you both haven't so move on just maybe someone has I dont even have a tuner. I was just wondering.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru2014 View Post
    Ok forget it sounds like nobody has tried it ,which I know they have but ,blow up my engine was not my intent I was just asking if anyone has tried it and you both haven't so move on just maybe someone has I dont even have a tuner. I was just wondering.
    What they are trying to say is no one has tried it because it would have no benefit.

The "stages" that people talk about are step-ups from each other. Stock ---> Stage 1 ---> Stage 2. Each stage adding a little more power. Running a stage 2 tune without a new downpipe isn't something you'd want to do because that isn't what stage 2 is designed for. The tune wouldn't be safe with a stock downpipe because the maps developed for stage 2 builds are looking for a different downpipe.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Yes I was just going to buy one a v3 and run stage 1 tune just didn't want to change dp yet i would love to but ill see how it feels then go from there . Calling it stage 1,2 and 3 is kind of strange . I was wondering if a cobb stage 1 tune sound pretty conservative with boost pressure and if this is all programmable which i see the v3 allows for changing many parameters in the ecu if the stage 1 to 2 was just a boost in pressure and a air fuel mixture settings and so on.. I would wait to get the device and learn hands on from there. No real reason for all the blow up your engine crap just a simple yes if someone did and I understand that some people assume you're a idiot when you ask a question on here about pretty much anything if you're a new member ,i've been reading a bunch of snarky remarks to legitimate questions on here and I really don't get why people are so fast to comment rudely because the question is ,well below the technical ability so they just make the new member just feel bad for asking anything . I know a lot about programming ladder logic and many robot controllers and have been asked hundreds of questions on a plc forum I belong to and I never found it enjoyable to make people feel stupid or ignorant for trying to gain knowledge of any sort. This in no way referring to you michealwfox.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru2014 View Post
    Yes I was just going to buy one a v3 and run stage 1 tune just didn't want to change dp yet i would love to but ill see how it feels then go from there . Calling it stage 1,2 and 3 is kind of strange . I was wondering if a cobb stage 1 tune sound pretty conservative with boost pressure and if this is all programmable which i see the v3 allows for changing many parameters in the ecu if the stage 1 to 2 was just a boost in pressure and a air fuel mixture settings and so on.. I would wait to get the device and learn hands on from there. No real reason for all the blow up your engine crap just a simple yes if someone did and I understand that some people assume you're a idiot when you ask a question on here about pretty much anything if you're a new member ,i've been reading a bunch of snarky remarks to legitimate questions on here and I really don't get why people are so fast to comment rudely because the question is ,well below the technical ability so they just make the new member just feel bad for asking anything . I know a lot about programming ladder logic and many robot controllers and have been asked hundreds of questions on a plc forum I belong to and I never found it enjoyable to make people feel stupid or ignorant for trying to gain knowledge of any sort. This in no way referring to you michealwfox.
    We are not trying to make you feel stupid. We are trying to help you out by giving you honest and experienced answers. It is the only way you are going to learn. I have learned a lot by reading the threads and talking with the people on this forum. If you take offense to everything that is said to you on this site that contradicts what you believed before you asked the question (and then subsequently find out you were wrong) then you won't last long here. This is a learning environment and when you find out you are wrong you have learned something and you are better off for it. We did not intend to make you feel like an idiot or offend you in any way. All we were trying to do was tell you that a stage 1 and stage 2 tune is designed to be fit with the hardware upgrades that you put on your car. Simply put, a stage 1 tune is for a car with stock hardware (or you can get a stage 1 with just an intake). A stage 2 is designed for a car with a downpipe/turboback upgrade. Simple as that. To put a stage 2 tune on a car with no downpipe/turboback would be like to try and put a square block into a circular hole. It's just not designed to work like that

Motoxdude or whatever added a downpipe with no tune. You can ask him
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    Motoxdude or whatever added a downpipe with no tune. You can ask him
    He's talking about adding the stage 2 tune with no downpipe.

Why don't you just go with a custom tune?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I just seen these numbers "01-11-2012 01:50 pm 277 hp 304 ft/lb Stage 1+SF 93 MT v310" and thought someone was cheating with the tune because these really are close to a stage 2 , just wondered if they loaded the tune ran it and went back to stage 1 tune. this is off cobb site.

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Why don't you just go with a custom tune?

I really like the idea of a hand held programmer , I program automated robotic assembly lines and would love to learn something new for a change 20+ years of trying to make machines go faster to bring up production count is cool in its own way but by no means fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast