Stage 2 Without turbo back - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Without turbo back within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 11blackSTi He's talking about adding the stage 2 tune with no downpipe. Hah opps. I was drunk ...

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    He's talking about adding the stage 2 tune with no downpipe.
    Hah opps.

I was drunk when I read that.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru2014 View Post
    Ok forget it sounds like nobody has tried it ,which I know they have but ,blow up my engine was not my intent I was just asking if anyone has tried it and you both haven't so move on just maybe someone has I dont even have a tuner. I was just wondering.
    There is no reason to "just try it". Cobb specifically states stage 2 is for use with a turboback exhaust. This is due to the changes in wastegate solenoid duty cycle,timing,fueling and other parameters that the reduction in back pressure allows the ECU run. Why take the gamble especially if you don't know how to actually verify that the engine is running ok? The reduction in back pressure changes when/where and the engine will make peak load as well as the total engine peak load. If you don't want to pony up for the exhaust but want the most performance then like others have said,pay for a custom tune. They range from $80-150 for "E-tunes" or $400-600 for in person dyno tune.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    There is no reason to "just try it". Cobb specifically states stage 2 is for use with a turboback exhaust. This is due to the changes in wastegate solenoid duty cycle,timing,fueling and other parameters that the reduction in back pressure allows the ECU run. Why take the gamble especially if you don't know how to actually verify that the engine is running ok? The reduction in back pressure changes when/where and the engine will make peak load as well as the total engine peak load. If you don't want to pony up for the exhaust but want the most performance then like others have said,pay for a custom tune. They range from $80-150 for "E-tunes" or $400-600 for in person dyno tune.
    Is a e-tune using your Cobb hand held and sending in data logging so they can make adjustments to the map and send it back to you?

I Support ClubWRX
    Is a e-tune using your Cobb hand held and sending in data logging so they can make adjustments to the map and send it back to you?
    Yes. There are E-tuners that will craft custom tunes for you using your accessport. A lot of opensource e-tuners do this via a tactrix cable and laptop though because COBB charges a hefty license fee for tuners to be able to use their tuning software.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I was just going to buy one a v3 and run stage 1 tune just didn't want to change dp yet i would love to but ill see how it feels then go from there . Calling it stage 1,2 and 3 is kind of strange . I was wondering if a cobb stage 1 tune sound pretty conservative with boost pressure and if this is all programmable which i see the v3 allows for changing many parameters in the ecu if the stage 1 to 2 was just a boost in pressure and a air fuel mixture settings and so on.. I would wait to get the device and learn hands on from there. No real reason for all the blow up your engine crap just a simple yes if someone did and I understand that some people assume you're a idiot when you ask a question on here about pretty much anything if you're a new member ,i've been reading a bunch of snarky remarks to legitimate questions on here and I really don't get why people are so fast to comment rudely because the question is ,well below the technical ability so they just make the new member just feel bad for asking anything . I know a lot about programming ladder logic and many robot controllers and have been asked hundreds of questions on a plc forum I belong to and I never found it enjoyable to make people feel stupid or ignorant for trying to gain knowledge of any sort. This in no way referring to you michealwfox.
    I apologize if my comment came off to you as snarky or insulting. I assure you that was not my intent. I was simply stating that there really is no such thing as a stage 2 tune without a TBE and and Intake. As everyone has stated already stage 2 is designed around the parts you are supposed to bolt on to the car. Cobb makes a lot of maps and they do have a stage 1 tune that is compatible with a TBE. You could have a stage 2 tune loaded with only an intake and have someone tweak the map but then you will be going backwards as the tweaks to be made would make the map reflect something similar to a stage 1 map.

You could always do an E-Tune as everyone else has stated, but at such low power levels and mod levels, to me, it's almost useless. Others will tell you otherwise. Personally at the levels of modding you are talking of I feel Cobb's OTS maps are just fine.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I would be curious to see what kind of power could be made while modding everything except the exhaust system....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    That'd be interesting. But I feel like if you did any mod, that's the one you would want the most. You can buy used downpipe and go the tactrix/email tune route. I feel like that's the single biggest power gain for your buck$...and the easiest.

Yes I was just going to buy one a v3 and run stage 1 tune just didn't want to change dp yet i would love to but ill see how it feels then go from there . Calling it stage 1,2 and 3 is kind of strange . I was wondering if a cobb stage 1 tune sound pretty conservative with boost pressure and if this is all programmable which i see the v3 allows for changing many parameters in the ecu if the stage 1 to 2 was just a boost in pressure and a air fuel mixture settings and so on.. I would wait to get the device and learn hands on from there. No real reason for all the blow up your engine crap just a simple yes if someone did and I understand that some people assume you're a idiot when you ask a question on here about pretty much anything if you're a new member ,i've been reading a bunch of snarky remarks to legitimate questions on here and I really don't get why people are so fast to comment rudely because the question is ,well below the technical ability so they just make the new member just feel bad for asking anything . I know a lot about programming ladder logic and many robot controllers and have been asked hundreds of questions on a plc forum I belong to and I never found it enjoyable to make people feel stupid or ignorant for trying to gain knowledge of any sort. This in no way referring to you michealwfox.
    Spend a little time at:

NASIOC

By contrast, responses here are gentle and considerate.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    That'd be interesting. But I feel like if you did any mod, that's the one you would want the most. You can buy used downpipe and go the tactrix/email tune route. I feel like that's the single biggest power gain for your buck$...and the easiest.
    I was just thinking for the states that are strict on exhaust emissions and what not.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Yeah, I see what you're saying. Same dilemma that car companies deal with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12