Boost Leak

This is a discussion on Boost Leak within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I flashed my 2013 wrx to a stage 1 map about 8 months ago. So far, I have ...

Boost Leak

Hey guys, I flashed my 2013 wrx to a stage 1 map about 8 months ago. So far, I have had no problems. Today, I heard a strong a boost leak and I am positive I have one. What is the best plan of action in the case of a boost leak? Should I simply get a new stage 1 map? Should I take it to the subaru service center or take it to any mechanic or must I visit a tuner? I am completely lost at this moment for I haven't had tune related problems so far. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    HOW TO TEST A SUBARU by turboboostleaktesters.com

Verify it is a boost leak. If it is simply chnaging the ECU mapping isn't going to magiclly fix it. It is a mechnical issue that requires human hands to fix.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    HOW TO TEST A SUBARU by turboboostleaktesters.com

Verify it is a boost leak. If it is simply chnaging the ECU mapping isn't going to magiclly fix it. It is a mechnical issue that requires human hands to fix.
    Thanks for the help! Do you suggest taking it to any mechanic or to Subaru themselves (considering I uninstall the accessport prior to doing so)?

Do you have a boost gauge or know how to datalog?

I would first log and see what your hitting for pressure compared to your target.

If you havn't fixed the throttle body hose, I'd bet it's that. They are notorious for blowing off even at stock boost pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by PBallen View Post
    Do you have a boost gauge or know how to datalog?

I would first log and see what your hitting for pressure compared to your target.

If you havn't fixed the throttle body hose, I'd bet it's that. They are notorious for blowing off even at stock boost pressure.
    Thanks for the help! So I verified its in fact a boost leak because I am peaking at about 1.5-2 psi lower than usual using my accessport. So I am thinking of uninstalling the accessport (this does not delete my torqued performance stage 1 map correct?) and take it to subaru and have them check it out. Thanks for all the help!

I'm not sure about the access port.

But when I though I had a leak (before data logging) I brought it to a dealership and they told me I didn't have a leak. The truth is, if you want it fixed right, most of the time its better to do yourself.

I highly suspect the throttle body hose is your issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk