need help tuning
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on need help tuning within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I'm stage 2 full invidia turbo back n1 race and aem cai. I have a Cobb ap. So ...

need help tuning

Ok so I'm stage 2 full invidia turbo back n1 race and aem cai. I have a Cobb ap. So I went to Cobb and downloaded their aem stage 2 tune. Did some Guage watching lol and realize I'm only making around 15psi. Is about 2 psi from what they say so I downloaded and flashed Cobbs high waste gate. Did some test pulls and it peaks around 18 psi... Well it looks good but the car doesn't like it and bogs hard. I was wondering what's yalls opinion on what do to. What sparks this thread is because my buddy just got a new motor put in and is running the Cobb stage 2 with the Cobb short ram intake and he can do a pull at 19psi. But the weird thing is, is that the car has no bog is a smooth gradual increase in boost in 5th. So what is it that makes his so much smoother? Is it the short ram or what? Should I try his tune?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well if hes cobb stage 2 and youre cobb stage 2 its the same OTS tune. what gear are you doing the pull for logging in? upload the log files to google docs and make it public then post the link here so members can see how your car is reacting to the tune.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

sti peaks at 15psi in Sport, S# gets u to 19

if you've got S drive I'd try to go back to reg waste gate tune and try your pulls in S#

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    upload the log files to google docs and make it public then post the link here so members can see how your car is reacting to the tune.
    I have 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear pulls ill post all of them. there's quite a bit of items i logged so just let me know what you would need me to log to get a better look at things.
    here's a 5th gear pull - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lE&usp=sharing
    hear's a 4th gear pull - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing
    hears a 3rd gear pull - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1E&usp=sharing

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.