Stage 2+ running rich and over boosting

This is a discussion on Stage 2+ running rich and over boosting within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I have a 2014 wrx stage 2+cobb sf intake. I'm running a invidia catted downpipe with the q300 exhaust ...

Stage 2+ running rich and over boosting

Hey,
    I have a 2014 wrx stage 2+cobb sf intake. I'm running a invidia catted downpipe with the q300 exhaust and the cobb stage 2 ots map with normal wastegate. My AEM wideband is reading 10-10.5 on WOT pulls and 14.2 at idle. Also I'm peaking at 20 psi when target is 18.5. Could it be a boost leak? Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you I advance.
    -Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Try running a lower waste gate map.

I'm gonna do that, I also read that running a 91 octane map would be better than the 93 one I'm on right now. Is that true?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If you're filling up with 93 then you should be able to run the 93 map.. but the 91 map will have a greater safety margin.

In my experience the Comm OTS maps are all pretty rich.. I would say 10.5 is okay, but 10:1 at WOT is a little excessive. Not quite rich enough to hurt anything, but power and fuel economy will suffer.

Mainframe, I'm only assuming that it is 10:1 the AEM wideband gauge doesn't go lower than 10:1 so one can only assume. Which worries me, any ways I can check for leaks? I know water and soap will work, but any other ways I can go about this? Thanks

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 14swpwrx View Post
    ..any other ways I can go about this? Thanks

Use a boost leak tester (basically a cap for the intake with a valve stem on it), pressurize the system with an air compressor, and listen.. if you have any leaks you should hear them hissing.