Subaru WRX Forum banner

Question for smog when having a tuned car.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ingo 
#1 ·
let say car is tuned with cobb intake + invidia dp catted n when I smog, what do i need to do? do i need to re tune it back to stock or leave it tune with intake n swap back the stock dp..

im from California..n a nubie

#2 ·
If you put the original DP back in you'd be safe for both the smog-test and in terms of tune. It would probably run a bit rich and just not as good as you're used to. You would need new gaskets and can probably re-use the new one to put the "good" DP back on. From what I heard the hi-flow cat does not pass... But you could give that a try, worst case you'd still be changing back and forth afterwards for a second go.

#5 ·
My car was sold thru a dealer. For emissions they put the original DP with cat back on, didn't change the tune. Drove that for about 3 weeks before I got the open DP (invidia) and installed that. Tune was never changed, the car had no issues - other than an overboost after the open DP went back on and I didn't wait for the ECU to learn...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.