COBB AP and CAI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on COBB AP and CAI within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I just got my AP v2 in today for my 07 sti. I've been running a TBE and Injen ...

COBB AP and CAI

So, I just got my AP v2 in today for my 07 sti. I've been running a TBE and Injen CAI without a tune until today. Of course, it's been running lean, and I was hoping the AP would fix that. I have found though, that there is no map on the cobb wed site for CAI. Is there a website somewhere to download maps others have made for free? I want to get the most out of my CAI. Right now I'm running Stage 2 of the pre installed maps but it doesn't support a CAI.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can anyone at least point me in the direction of how to tune my CAI to my car? Is there a web site of people using the Accesstuner Race program?

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a WBO2 sensor? If not, you're only able to tune the closed-loop section of the MAF scaling.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I guess not. Had to google what that even is haha. Anyway, no.

What do I need to do to tune this CAI to my car?

I Support ClubWRX
    You would need to get a customized tune (either opensource e-tune, or a live pro-tune). It would probably be easier to take the injen CAI off your car and get the stock one back on there, or get an intake that is compatible with the COBB maps. The injen is not a very good CAI anyway. It is more important that you have your car properly tuned. As Matty indicated, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a wbo2 sensor installed in your car with an A/F gauge so that you can see the A/F ratio accurately. This would be very useful in tuning the car if you decide to go e-tune or pro-tune.

How do I get an e-tune?

I Support ClubWRX
    There are many options. Torqued Performance is a fairly common e-tuner (some don't like them). We have people on here that can do e-tuning. Depending on who you use they may not like the injen intake anyway. I would say since you have the AP the best option would be the sell the injen and get an AEM or COBB intake (or go back to stock intake), and run their ots map.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Do you have a WBO2 sensor? If not, you're only able to tune the closed-loop section of the MAF scaling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creativename01 View Post
    What do I need to do to tune this CAI to my car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Creativename01 View Post
    How do I get an e-tune?
    READ EJ257s POST! You are missing a critical hardware component necessary to scale your MAF for the CAI.

You have two options:
    1. Purchase and install a WBO2 sensor and opt for an Etune (or tune yourself)
    2. Schedule a dyno tune, where the tuner will likely use an Exhaust Gas Analyzer (EGA) that is inserted into your tailpipe (giggity)
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.